Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Pepe Imaz is secretly helping Djoker and Fed to hypnotize the fools and make them part ways with their money, no?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Mike Tyson once said he could sell out Madison Square Garden if he masturbated. lol Federer has a similarly diehard devout fanbase which will do anything for him and support anything he does. Federer may be the biggest money sports star of all time.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Are they really that expensive? Sure some of them are, but the cheapest available are around $200 and that is with nothing left in the upper section. I would imagine those upper seats would be no more than $100 each.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,629 Posts
Upper class wankery, or middle class delusions. Take your pick.

·
justice for all
13,139 Posts
I think it's a combination of American glory hunting and a hosting city - there's not much top level tennis played in Chicago so they'll take anything.

·
|
14,305 Posts
Tennis is the most popular sport in the world.
The 4 slams each year are each treated like the Olympic games.
So no surprise that a short event like the Laver Cup would be sold out.

·
Registered
12,632 Posts
Seems some posters here could well do with getting acquainted with the principle of Occam's Razor, i.e. the simplest solution is usually the right one - in this case, people want to see the tennis.

·
Registered
65 Posts
People want to be able to say they watched Federer play live. There are not going to be many more opportunities to do so as he approaches retirement age.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Seems some posters here could well do with getting acquainted with the principle of Occam's Razor, i.e. the simplest solution is usually the right one - in this case, people want to see the tennis.
Meh... Pepe >> Ockham.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Tennis is the most popular sport in the world.
The 4 slams each year are each treated like the Olympic games.
So no surprise that a short event like the Laver Cup would be sold out.
Tennis is often listed as the most popular individual sport in the world. Overall, football (i.e. soccer) has topped every ranking I've seen. Then you typically also have either cricket or basketball, or both, in front of tennis. Tennis ranked around 3rd/4th. In any case, popular alright.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Because Americans love exhos . Just like they love wrestling. It is not the sports, it is just the show, but they still pay for tickets .

·
10,284 Posts
There is a whole other side of America. The top 10% enjoy more money then probably a few posters combined or the whole forum!

There are people with trust funds and good enough jobs that they can blow $5,000 in a weekend... especially when it involves Federer and Djokovic, mostly Federer.

Imagine being able to tell your friends that you got to see The Great, Roger Federer, even if he is playing like Sh!t.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Look at the marketing they have done. All brands and agencies all over it. Be it tennis.com, be it twitter, be it offline. People have money. Remember when empty stands greeted Federer-Nadal and Federer-Djokovic in India despite India contributing towards most tennis fans on social media.

·
Registered
12,632 Posts
Because Americans love exhos . Just like they love wrestling. It is not the sports, it is just the show, but they still pay for tickets .
Wasn't it also sold out in Europe?

Maybe there'll be a few empty seats when it's held in Antarctica, or Southern Patagonia.:laugh2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts