21 Posts
OMG Laura :eek:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Go Laura :D

This makes up for Serena pullng out today and Carly losing to Cory Ann :sad:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Laura can be frustrating to play becuase she will make you hit a ton of balls...but I suspect something must have been up with Chanda!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the weather had something to do with this. Since earlier Chanda was complaining about the wind and the elevation. This is just a day that is like totally frustrating for me. I was waiting for Kim and Lindsay to take the court and now this bad news too. I think the long delay had a little something to do with it.

It seems like everyone was rushed onto the court to complete some matches before the next rain came.. and that kinda played onthe players minds.

Imagine playing and still thinking about the next two matches you have to play in the day and not knowing who your opponent will be. This must have been frustrating, there was little time to be mentally prepared for this moment. That is why so many top players just said fuck it....especially when it's so close to IW and Miami ...I don't blame them.....I guess that Serena made a good choice, eventhough she isn't playing IW.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It seems as if every time Chanda is poised to rejoin the top 10, she either becomes injured or starts to lose matches that she could/should win. This week was a perfect opportunity for her to gain ranking points, esp. with a lot of the other top names falling out of the tournament like flies. But let's not forget that this is her first tournament back from injuring herself again. Hopefully she'll be able to earn a lot of points in the next two weeks in IW and Miami so she can get back into the top 10!!!

Best of luck Chanda! :) :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts