Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who was the last player to win AO, IW, Miami and Monte Carlo in the same year? I remember even peak fed didn't since he got stopped at MC.Even Djokovic didn't do it in 2011.

Was it McEnroe in 1984?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I don´t think it has ever been done. And no McEnroe never won Monte Carlo. That´s the whole problem.

A few have won Australia, Indian Wells and Miami. But at Monte Carlo they can´t. Djokovic can do this today.
If he does he will break a trend from these players.

2011 Djokovic was last man to win 3 majors but lost Monte Carlo.
2006 Federer did the same.
2001 Andre Agassi also.
1994 Pete Sampras also won those 3.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I don´t think it has ever been done. And no McEnroe never won Monte Carlo. That´s the whole problem.

A few have won Australia, Indian Wells and Miami. But at Monte Carlo they can´t. Djokovic can do this today.
If he does he will break a trend from these players.

2011 Djokovic was last man to win 3 majors but lost Monte Carlo.
2006 Federer did the same.
2001 Andre Agassi also.
1994 Pete Sampras also won those 3.
He didn't play.

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts
He didn't play.
Sounds like a loss to me.

It's hard to see Djokovic not winning everything this year. He won the AO playing 70% and injured, and defeated a Nadal on clay. Sure Nadal was not his usual clay self, but Djoko wasn't even playing half his best.

We'll see the Serb win the AO and first 3 M1000 combo. The question is will he take the side order of RG?

·
Premium Member
62,012 Posts
This has indeed never been done before, at least with the present calendar. If we go back a bit the AO was at the end of the season, not the beginning, making things a bit different.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Who was the last player to win AO, IW, Miami and Monte Carlo in the same year? I remember even peak fed didn't since he got stopped at MC.Even Djokovic didn't do it in 2011.

Was it McEnroe in 1984?

Australian Open in 1984 at that time was played later in the year and Mcenroe didn't even play in it that year.Heck,he's never even won a title there and only played there 5 times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts