Mens Tennis Forums banner

1681 - 1700 of 1724 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
IT (2017) - 9.4/10 - Amazing, can't wait for the next chapter. Bill Skarsgård acting as Pennywise was perfect, on par with Tim Curry. I think the 1990 movie was scarier though.

Message from the King (2016) - 7.2/10 - Good one. I think I liked every Teresa Palmer movie I watched recently, some actors/actress just don't take bad movies.

Death Note (2017) - 6/10 - Decent, but a bit silly. Some people said the manga and anime are better, well, I hate manga and anime, so I won't be testing.

Little Evil (2017) - 2.5/10 - I don't know why people make movies like this one, awful. Only watched this because of Evangeline Lily and it didn't worth it.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
IT (2017) - 9.4/10 - Amazing, can't wait for the next chapter. Bill Skarsgård acting as Pennywise was perfect, on par with Tim Curry. I think the 1990 movie was scarier though.

Message from the King (2016) - 7.2/10 - Good one. I think I liked every Teresa Palmer movie I watched recently, some actors/actress just don't take bad movies.

Death Note (2017) - 6/10 - Decent, but a bit silly. Some people said the manga and anime are better, well, I hate manga and anime, so I won't be testing.

Little Evil (2017) - 2.5/10 - I don't know why people make movies like this one, awful. Only watched this because of Evangeline Lily and it didn't worth it.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
The Dinner (2017)

6/10 - OK, but could have been much much better

I don't like Richard Gere but I made an exception to see this as it's an American remake of an excellent Dutch film.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
I've finally finished watching the Godfather series (took me around three months between each film).

I get that they are amazingly shot and brilliantly acted but gosh are they boring; a good gangster film can last around 2 hours, not 2000 hours!

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Dial M For Murder (1954) - I'd rank this as a good solid 9/10. I've been watching a few Hitchcock films recently, as I watched a few years ago and never carried on. Unlike nearly every other director I've ever "followed", I'm yet to watch a Hitchcock film I haven't liked!

·
Super Moderator
7,302 Posts
Dial M For Murder (1954) - I'd rank this as a good solid 9/10. I've been watching a few Hitchcock films recently, as I watched a few years ago and never carried on. Unlike nearly every other director I've ever "followed", I'm yet to watch a Hitchcock film I haven't liked!
If you haven't watched it yet, please add Vertigo to the list.

·
Premium Member
8,650 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
If you haven't watched it yet, please add Vertigo to the list.
Vertigo and North by Northwest are Hitchcock's masterpieces. :bowdown:

Another ones I like a lot: Rope, Notorious, Spellbound, Strangers in a Train (this movie have tennis on grass :smoke:).

Also worth watching: Shadow of a Doubt, Saboteur, The Man Who Knew To Much and everything else. :p

·
Super Moderator
7,302 Posts
I have seen Vertigo but it was a long time ago so I reckon it may be worth a revisit, one of his best by far!

Another ones I like a lot: Rope, Notorious, Spellbound, Strangers in a Train (this movie have tennis on grass :smoke:).

Also worth watching: Shadow of a Doubt, Saboteur, The Man Who Knew To Much and everything else. :p
You can tell how much of a great movie Vertigo is when a hardcore horror fan like myself picks it above The Birds and Psycho.

Special mention to Rope indeed! What a film. I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't seen it, but the tension is real. Easily the Hitchcock movie with the darkest humour.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts

Saboteur is one of my favourites, Rear Window is worth a watch as well along with The Wrong Man. These three I mention because they seem slightly different from your normal Hitchcock picture but all three are well worth an evening dedicated to them.

You can tell how much of a great movie Vertigo is when a hardcore horror fan like myself picks it above The Birds and Psycho.

Special mention to Rope indeed! What a film. I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't seen it, but the tension is real. Easily the Hitchcock movie with the darkest humour.
I think I'll watch this one tonight whilst I'm in the mood for it!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Star Wars Episode IV - VI. Just like in HIMYM, I watched the whole trilogy with a friend to procrastinate working on our theses (well, in the TV show they had to study for an exam, but it's kinda similar). It's just as amazing as the first time I watched the movies :worship:

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Tonight I added the Torn Curtain (1966) to my recent Hitchcock streak. The tension is real in that film :surprise:, my stomach was in knots from start to finish. Shout-out to Paul Newman in that film as well, it's his acting of nerves and worry that make the viewer nervous!

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Tonight I added the Torn Curtain (1966) to my recent Hitchcock streak. The tension is real in that film :surprise:, my stomach was in knots from start to finish. Shout-out to Paul Newman in that film as well, it's his acting of nerves and worry that make the viewer nervous!
Yeah, this movie is pretty good too. :yeah:

Honestly, every Hitchcock movie is worth watching. But if you liked Torn Curtain, you need to watch Topaz too.

I have another Netflix's recommendation for MTF btw:

1922 - 8/10 - The sinopsys says it all: "A simple yet proud farmer in the year 1922 conspires to murder his wife for financial gain, convincing his teenage son to participate." :worship:

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Yeah he only did 61 films so it shouldn't be too hard to get through them; given that I've seen a lot of them already! Topaz will be watched soon enough :yeah:

·
Registered
17,341 Posts
Was gonna say the new "Blade Runner" movie, but then I remembered that I saw "Happy Death Day" the very next week. It was a fun little movie. Pretty predictable if you're paying attention (the relevant scene is pretty quick), but I definitely enjoyed it.

1681 - 1700 of 1724 Posts