Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
One for Voo's scrapbook. :yeah:
Exactly :yeah: Lapentti is not only a great five-setter but also one of the best in saving match points in history! It is 13th winning match by Nico in ATP career after saving at least 1 MP. From active players only Moya has also won 13 matches of this kind but lost 9 matches having MP, Nico lost that match only once (against Dosedel at Key Biscayne 1998) :)

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Really good match, both players deserved to win :worship:

Lapentti's experience was crucial to this win, but Edu played some really nice tennis.

And the crowd was supporting Nico because he is a good friend of Guga. He said after the match that being supported this way in a foreign country was an amazing experience :worship:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I always like it when someone wins from being MP's down. :)

Reactions: Voo de Mar

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Schwank was leading 6-1 1-0* with 0-30 on Lapentti's serve when there was a rain delay, I think Schwank would have won if there had not been a delay.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
First tour semfinal for Nico since Palermo 2006. :eek:

·
Registered
10,211 Posts

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Nico, amazing stuff :worship:. I've always adored him for this ability of geeting out of difficult situations :yeah:.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Good stuff Nico and now he gets the SE into Buenos Aires.

Hope he makes the final.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
Schwank was leading 6-1 1-0* with 0-30 on Lapentti's serve when there was a rain delay, I think Schwank would have won if there had not been a delay.
of course no one else has mentioned this. i was predicting this.

schwank was totally dominating this match until the rain delay.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is this a definitive comme back for Nicolas Lapentti ? Is he able to make upsets in Indian Wells ?

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
86,336 Posts

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Exactly :yeah: Lapentti is not only a great five-setter but also one of the best in saving match points in history! It is 13th winning match by Nico in ATP career after saving at least 1 MP. From active players only Moya has also won 13 matches of this kind but lost 9 matches having MP, Nico lost that match only once (against Dosedel at Key Biscayne 1998) :)
Ferrero as well :eek: I've just found that he saved 2 match points in Palermo 1999 against Sargsian.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts