9,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATP Los Angeles Final: Radek Stepanek best sellers James Blake 7:6(7) 5:7 6:2

Great job Radek!!! :yeah:

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Get up, get on up! The Sex Machine wins in L.A., def. Blake 7-6, 5-7, 6-2

Excellent comeback, hopefully he's well inside the Top 100 again by now.

Try to keep my title when you merge threads, pretty please mods? :)

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
Classless Stepanek wins due to gamesmanship tactics. He can't win on his talent alone so he has to create distractions and fake injuries in order to win. A poor winner indeed. What a shame for Blake and for the tournament which deserved a real champion. :sad:

·
Your visions will happen
47,142 Posts
Not a surprise, considering the parody of this week

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Classless Stepanek wins due to gamesmanship tactics. He can't win on his talent alone so he has to create distractions and fake injuries in order to win. A poor winner indeed. What a shame for Blake and for the tournament which deserved a real champion. :sad:
:D

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
James :haha: Maybe you will stop ignoring your mental problems, when your trainer/part-time coach is telling people you and your camp don't do anything about that aspect of the game, that's pretty bad :help:

As for Stepanek, he didn't fake the injury - the trainer told Pam Shriver that he could feel the muscle strain.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I take it that long break at 2-1 in the third was Stepanek having an injury timeout, then? I assumed it was Blake, who then was broken afterwards. Hmm....

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
This whole week was weird as hell.

Radek winning toped it off.

Rafa winning on clay was the only thing that was normal :D

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
I take it that long break at 2-1 in the third was Stepanek having an injury timeout, then? I assumed it was Blake, who then was broken afterwards. Hmm....
He was treated for a left hamstring problem, after which the trainer confirmed to Pam Shriver that it was a strain.

·
Registered
260 Posts
It was basically all mental here.

I don't get it.
I would say the majority of people in the lockerroom would call many of Stephanek's antics pretty much similar to an asshole.

So if you already know that Stephanek is that way, why would you let it get to you?

He just fell right into Stephanek's web.
James is so mentally weak.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Thoughtful, steady and inspired play from Radek. Well deserved victory.

Meanwhile, Blake continues to be rather careless at key moments in the match; I guess his way of dealing with tense points is to swing away and get them over with.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
He was treated for a left hamstring problem, after which the trainer confirmed to Pam Shriver that it was a stain.
Thanks, I should know better than to take match reports from tangerine as gospel by now.

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
How many times did UglyMouth have to cheat in order to win? Let's see: a few times he's tried to challenge calls AFTER he's hit the ball :retard: , he calls for a trainer for a fake injury, he goes to wipe off with a towel while Blake is serving...wow, what a class act player the Czechs have, no wonder they're proud. A real shame they can't do any better than that.

·
Registered
21,234 Posts
radek was a top 8 player you mug, he deserved this tournament. The tournament was lucky to have such a star participate, a legend of the game, a legend of the worm dance.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts