Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolute clown this guy. Number one seed at the tournament yet exits like a coward a few hours before the match. Still plays doubles though, so it's not a serious injury.

This moron will never win anything significant. He made the 4th round at AO and people were hoodwinked. His results will be same old this year.

------
Nick Kyrgios has pulled out of the ATP Tour’s Delray Beach Open just hours before his first round match against Tommy Paul.
The top-seeded Australian has withdrawn from the singles tournament, but will still take part in the doubles draw.
Kyrgios’ withdrawal means that all four Australians have failed to progress beyond the first round of the ATP 250 tournament in America.
“I’m dealing with a little bit of a left wrist injury; been dealing with it for the last week or so,” Kyrgios said on Monday.
“Some sort of tendon thing. Apart from that feeling pretty good.”

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you'll find tournament organisers encourage headline players to delay withdrawals to minimise the impact on ticket sales.
Fair enough

Even so, I would've thought after the start to the year he's had, he'd be gearing up to really get some points in the next few months.. not f***ing around and withdrawing while still playing doubles.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Fair enough

Even so, I would've thought after the start to the year he's had, he'd be gearing up to really get some points in the next few months.. not f***ing around and withdrawing while still playing doubles.
he's withdrawn from doubles too. I think you should calm down. He probably wants to be in best condition to defend his title in Acapulco. He doesn't want to be injured.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he's withdrawn from doubles too. I think you should calm down. He probably wants to be in best condition to defend his title in Acapulco. He doesn't want to be injured.
Ok. All the articles I've read said he was still playing doubles.

I sure hope so. He should be aiming to make a slam Semi, and be in the top 10 this year.

If he doesn't make serious change this year, he will end up a poor man's Gael Monfils

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,537 Posts
Ok. All the articles I've read said he was still playing doubles.

I sure hope so. He should be aiming to make a slam Semi, and be in the top 10 this year.

If he doesn't make serious change this year, he will end up a poor man's Gael Monfils
he's definitely withdrawn from that too. Problem is there is generally a delay in reporting because he has to communicate with his partner (Thompson, presumably).

Just want to say to be a bit gentler as well with your posting, try not to refer to players using words like "moron" if you can avoid it. This is minor but some posters do go overboard sometimes in player bashing and moderators do have to flag this stuff. It's understandable to be frustrated with Nick that said.

·
Registered
174 Posts
An injury may be playing a part, but that's not all. Judging by his past behavior, I can't help concluding that he was simply not in the mood for playing tennis last night. He could always cite an injury to withdraw, but I don't think he would have done that had he had much more at stake, don't you guys think? He's just an arbtrary guy, unpredictable, moody, egoistic, self-centered and entertaining. Which is why he's so popular and unpopular all over the world. Like it or not, you gotta deal with it!

Reactions: steni

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
he's definitely withdrawn from that too. Problem is there is generally a delay in reporting because he has to communicate with his partner (Thompson, presumably).
He probably withdrew because of Thompson. Cba to play only for himself (and against his good buddy and your new fav :p , too )

·
Registered
22,082 Posts

Just want to say to be a bit gentler as well with your posting, try not to refer to players using words like "moron" if you can avoid it. This is minor but some posters do go overboard sometimes in player bashing and moderators do have to flag this stuff. It's understandable to be frustrated with Nick that said.
Interesting advice.

To clarify, according to MTF rules, it's acceptable for certain members to use words like "moron" and such synonyms toward other members, but one cannot refer to a professional player as such?

Regardless, it's very difficult to see Nick Kyrgios winning five five set matches in a row. His behaviour in Australia was as if he had won the event, reaching the round of 16.

·
Registered
497 Posts
As mentioned above, the announcement is made as late as possible in order to minimize the impact of ticket sales and attendance.

He, and organizers, probably knew he wasn't going to play all week.

It's just how it goes.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
There might have been a majority believing it was impossible to hit a BH as slow as Kyrgios without an injured wrist.

But apparently his wrist was healthy the entire time...

·
Administrator
11,287 Posts
To clarify, according to MTF rules, it's acceptable for certain members to use words like "moron" and such synonyms toward other members, but one cannot refer to a professional player as such?
Definitely not. If we see it, it will always be deleted.

Anyways, it will be interesting to see how the attendance is impacted by his withdrawal and now the lack of popular players. They’ll probably have to advertise the Bryan Brothers and maybe Raonic now, I guess.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Anyways, it will be interesting to see how the attendance is impacted by his withdrawal and now the lack of popular players. They’ll probably have to advertise the Bryan Brothers and maybe Raonic now, I guess.
Doubt it will be affected much if at all. The field in DB has been mediocre for years. Most come to watch their local players, and 9 Americans in R16 will do the job.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Kyrgios's results show he doesn't care about ATP250s. The last time he won 2 matches in one was Stuttgart 2018, and that's probably because he was drawn to play Federer in the semis.

·
Registered
136 Posts
he should have put in an hours work for 10 grand, make it look like he cares and lose, goes to show how much money is in tennis when players can't even be bothered to do that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts