Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched him today against Andy, Andy was at 40% yet he destroyed him. Kyrgios has not enough power to beat the best and is a servebot he is useless and will never be top 10.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
He is young and just getting wins against big names. This is a learning curve. How can you judge based on one match. He is already somewhere near top 40. In 5-8 years when most of the top 10 won't be around. He will easily make it. He definitely has the game.

·
Registered
7,554 Posts
I think Andy today was at least 41%. But hey thats just me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Kyrgios played a pretty good match considering the elbow problem he had. His serving was way below its usual level to trouble Murray.

In the first set he was serving better and he really troubled Murray for a while. Kyrgios was dominating lots of points from the baseline whilst Murray was in Nadal territory, almost running into linesmen. If Kyrgios picks his shots more carefully and doesn't go for the outright winner every time, he can hit top ten easily.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
:lol: Yeah right, because clay is his best surface plus he has had an elbow issues since Nice. Wait for the grass with worse opposition than King of Clay 3.0 and you will see his potential.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Knee jerk reactions everywhere on this forum. He's already beaten Nadal and Federer and made two slam quarter finals. He's not expected to be a model of consistency at 20, especially in today's game. He's already top 30, he's quite obviously going to make the top 10 at some point barring a career ruining injury. Nobody knows who of that generation will dominate, or if indeed there will be one dominant force (hopefully not, the game needs more variety) but Kyrgios will be up there. Make no doubts about that.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
You must be joking.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Deluded OP hater. Firstly Kyrgios played some good tennis hitting some great winners and showing variety in his shots (not what I'd call a servebot :wavey:. Secondly he was injured. Playing 100% against Murray on grass and it'd be different. In the first set he was dominating Murray from the baseline. For a 20 year old to lose to a playing ranked 3 whilst injured isn't enough evidence at all to say he won't make top 10. The only thing that will stop him from reaching top 10 is injures.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Kyrgios has something which goes beyond the mere analysis of his game - he's got the mentality of a slam winner.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
The guy can win Wimbledon with his big serve. If he wins a slam, he is in Top 10 automatically.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
I think his friend Kokkinkis has better chances than Kyrgios who is too flashy. I do not care a bit he beat Federer and Nadal or maybe they do to show to the world there is younger players in the game. I think Thiem will make a good progress quietly and he does not look for glory at least for now. Kyrgios needs time to grow up.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
:lol: Yeah right, because clay is his best surface plus he has had an elbow issues since Nice. Wait for the grass with worse opposition than King of Clay 3.0 and you will see his potential.
yeah because clay is Andy's best surface :lol:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
What a stupid topic , throughout the match he was complaining he couldn't serve becuase of elbow and even said he hates this place and dosent want to be here. Clearly not 100% mental or physical

I think he is a flog , i dont like him, but to say he wont be in the top 10 is ignorant

1 - 20 of 62 Posts