Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
Re: Ben Rothenberg def Kyrgios 0-6 7-6 6-0

Kyrgios should prob just stay out of it but it seems wildly inappropriate for a "journalist" to feud with a player. Rothenberg is absolutely garbage even by the high standards of shitty journalism in tennis, though he does so by being a petty-attention seeker as opposed to just fanboying every player, so at least it's something different.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Kyrgios should prob just stay out of it but it seems wildly inappropriate for a "journalist" to feud with a player. Rothenberg is absolutely garbage even by the high standards of shitty journalism in tennis, though he does so by being a petty-attention seeker as opposed to just fanboying every player, so at least it's something different.
I doubt Ben wanted to have a beef with Nick...Nick seems to have some beef with Tsitsipas, he randomly replied to that Ben's tweet about Tsitsipas and started it

·
10,277 Posts

This is hilarious.

Ben has no business starting beef with the players. Kyrgios is probably just "havin a giggle" with his Endless Loop and Ben decided to escalate things for the sake of attention seeking (which they both are guilty of...)

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts

Ben Rothenberg is the absolute worst

·
Super Moderator
7,348 Posts

That was a cool video from Stefanos. I'll have to check out his channel later.

Don't quite understand Nick's response though. Is it regarding the video itself or the journalist sharing it? :shrug:

·
Registered
129 Posts

Don't quite understand Nick's response though. Is it regarding the video itself or the journalist sharing it? :shrug:
Probably the next shot fired in response to this:

"Everybody knows who Kyrgios is, let's be honest. I know some people see these things I do as something weird, writing all these tweets that make no sense.

It is from a creator's perspective. I have lots of people I admire watching on YouTube. There are so many creators out there who produce interesting content. This creative mindset they have seems limitless. You can do anything with it, inspire future kids.

It's nice to watch them," Tsitsipas told The Times. "It's not sitting in my room playing video games, Fortnite like someone does. It's better going outside and creating something rather than just sitting inside playing video games for the whole day, which I did before and now see no point in doing.

There's a lot of things out there to discover."
https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Australian_Tennis/59522/stefanos-tsitsipas-takes-shot-at-nick-kyrgios-/

Let's see if Nick leaves his tweet up this time...

·
Registered
129 Posts

Tsitsipas didn't even say anything bad about Kyrgios.
I think it's the playing video games all day reference Nick might have taken exception to (if he has seen these comments at all - maybe it's all about his long-standing beef with Rothenberg and not about Stef).

·
23,063 Posts

All I can say is that these young players should think before they click in the internet more vigilantly than those who are not players for their own good.

·
Registered
14,503 Posts
I find Tsitsipas' Youtube videos not really original, but if he feels like doing it, nobody says he should kill his free time with some other activities.

Isn't Kyrgios appearing in the vid "Be a rebel" as a rebel among Steve Jobs, Mandela and Che Guevara (talking to the umpire and then destroying a racket)? I thought maybe he didn't take it well, but alas if it is only against Rothenberg, that one I can thoroughly understand. :lol:

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok..why did mods move this to Off Topic? Come on...it's related to active tennis player and journo...GM isn't even that crazy active anyways...you could have just left this in GM..not many even look into off-topic section

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
Tsitsipas' video was kind of lame, sure, but so what, he is being him. And Rothenberg and Nick are being themselves, two fucking clowns.

Probably the next shot fired in response to this:

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Australian_Tennis/59522/stefanos-tsitsipas-takes-shot-at-nick-kyrgios-/

Let's see if Nick leaves his tweet up this time...
Oh shit, shots seriously fired. He's right though. Video games for someone top 50 ATP are a serious waste of time

1 - 20 of 44 Posts