Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm not a Kyrgios fan but I gotta say I agree with him here.

Clay should be done after the FO period.

After that it gets super boring and uninteresting.

It would much better to extend the grass court season.

Discuss.

Registered
Max Purcell
Kyrgios is right. We need to extend the grass season and move Wimby to the end of July.

Players get very little practice on grass. And it's not like in the past when there were 3 grass slams.

Registered
Kyrgios is an idiot. The weeks after Wimbledon is a quiet period of the year when most if not all the top players take a break after a busy four month period when five Masters Series and two Grand Slams are played. It is time to recuperate ahead the American summer and the final Slam of the year.

Whatever tournaments are played in this period will attract relatively weak fields regardless of what surfaces they are played on. They are generally a chances for up and coming players to claim their first tournaments and for players outside the top 20 to get their points and money for the season.

Besides many of the summer clay tournaments are long standing and popular events that are normally well supported. Obvious COVID has had a big impact this summer but in general these tournaments do pretty well. Gstaad has been going for over 100 years, Umag is a fantastic tournament, Bastad has been going since the end of WW2 and has a fine heritage, Hamburg being relegated to a 500 was a disgrace and Kitzbuhel is a charming event.

Anyway, why does Kyrgios care. He barely ever plays tennis and quite clearly doesn't give a damn about the sport.

Registered
Kyrgios can shut up. At least those men are playing, not like him. And there are crowds, but he would have to watch something else than his phone to realise it.

Jealousy ain't cute.

A player complaining about tournaments existing to make players live. Seriously. How dumb can one be ?

Registered
why would the whiney toddler even care as he isn't playing any of those tourneys anyway?
just shut your filthy mouth, nick.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Banned
I dont understand the Gasquet bit.

Reactions: ivanban

Registered
Can't he be banned from Twitter seriously?
I went to Gstaad early this week, and I had so much fun, like every year. Again, Kyrgios showing absolutely zero respect to his colleagues on the Tour and to the people who pay and visit the tournaments to support them. He's clearly the one being detrimental to the sport here with his useless comments. If he wanted to support the Tour, well, he'd start playing these tournaments instead of criticizing them for no reason.
I'm really mad at his post because there's a pandemic going on and tournaments' organizers have to work so, so hard to make these tournaments possible in good conditions. I think we're all grateful for having the Tour almost back to "normal", after last year's disaster due to the COVID. We just don't need these useless and stupid comments coming from that spoiled brat. Sorry for being rude but he makes me furious.

Registered
King is 100% right yet again. These nonsense joke events have no business existing. We should be in grass season still. Shorten the hard court season, and extend the grass season a couple of months. Scrap this muggy clay period.

Your visions will happen
Nick, what a fucking idiot

Just wants likes from 12 year olds

SAD

Registered
The way he airs dirty laundry in public is disrespectful to tennis as a sport and to his fellow tennis players. These tournaments provide a good opportunity for lower ranked players to compete on the main tour and get bigger pay cheques and also allows fans to watch for lower prices in a pleasant relaxed environment.

I do believe the grass season is too short lived but this is no way to go about making that suggestion.

Registered
I have really enjoyed Bastad and Gaastad.
Good crowds and great mid summer atmosphere at both events.
Both have long traditions, like Gaastad founded 1898.
Stadium named after Roy Emerson, a great Australian.
Some really epic QFs at Gaastad.
Ruud is playing great, probably will win both titles.

Reminds me Kyrgios spat the dummy, throwing chairs when playing Ruud on clay, because he was behind then he called Ruud boring.

Simple fact is Kyrgios sucks on clay.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts