Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Does Kyrgios respect anyone but Murray, Ben Rottenberg and himself?

Does he think Becker, Wilander, Djokovic, Nadal etc are all losers and he is the king?

He acts like it 🤷‍♂️

Devastating reply from Khachanov.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Number of slams doesn't matter as long as someone makes sense. Otherwise almost all sports journalists, and I'm sure that Peter guy, should shut the hell up.

Wilander again with the recency bias. Murray got beaten up so now he says Andy should not have accepted a wildcard. As a person who doesn't like the wildcard system in the first place, I think Murray accepting one to play the French is quite normal after his performance at Cincy and the USO.

·
Premium Member
11,799 Posts
We need some context with Wilander's tweet.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Mats has a right to say that, he's a tennis analyst. I categorically don't agree, Andy deserves all the wildcards he gets, but he has a right to his opinion. Kyrgios is just looking for conflict constantly, he just loves attention.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
so this is what it’s come to...professional twitter troll and covid bedwetter. not the worst marketing strategy considering he knows he’ll never do anything of significance on a tennis court.

btw, i agree with him in that mats’ comment was out of line. murray deserves better than that.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I like Nick boldness... LOL

and as of karen's reply... respect should be 'give-and-take' condition, if these former champion commentators doesn't respect the players now they shouldn't expect to be respected.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
We need some context with Wilander's tweet.
He's not on Twitter and certainly wouldn't tweet that. Someone put Wilander quotes from a spoken interview on Twitter.

It's good to tell the uncomfortable truth, but in this case I think Mats is much too harsh. Andy played well in the US. Good enough to deserve a WC in Paris. And then he got a very difficult draw.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Murray wasted the wildcard with a pathetic effort. He knew he was overmatched early and floated through the match totally hopeless. It would have been much better for the tournament, the fans and other ATP players if a young lion was given that wildcard Murray wasted and shamed with that dog of an effort. Murray has not proven in his comeback he deserves favors in the form of widlcards, he should earn his way back on merit or through qualies.

Wilander is absolutely right.

·
Premium Member
11,799 Posts
View attachment 357028
Does Kyrgios respect anyone but Murray, Ben Rottenberg and himself?

Does he think Becker, Wilander, Djokovic, Nadal etc are all losers and he is the king?

He acts like it 🤷‍♂️

Devastating reply from Khachanov.
Karen Khachanov was part of the worst meltdown Match in Kyrgios's history .

So he gets it.

Reactions: INFJ

·
23,950 Posts
I like Nick boldness... LOL

and as of karen's reply... respect should be 'give-and-take' condition, if these former champion commentators doesn't respect the players now they shouldn't expect to be respected.
I mean, saying "shut up" is a bit much for some (especially for an elder), then again any other way would probably not how Kyrgios will say, regardless of how true or not...I think how Valverdu said it probably would've been more appropriate, or even a more sly comeback rather than being combative.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts