Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nicholas Kyrgios ‏@NickKyrgios 4h
Not going to be ready to play in Tallahassee unfortunately, I've had a great 2 weeks but will head straight to Munich to rehab & prep.

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
Kyrgios pulling out of a Challenger gets a thread in GM. :hearts:

I'm very glad he's done this. Hopefully he'll be ready for the Heilbronn 2 Challenger starting May 12th.

·
Your visions will happen
47,134 Posts
Such smart scheduling.

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nick will be on air in 10 minutes in the commentary of Young-Kokkinakis

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
with legend MikeC

·
Banned
12,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice commentary indeed.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Not as arrogant on mic as i suspected

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Smart decision.

Btw, I love how people think he's arrogant just because he's confident...

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
This guy's demeanor is an absolute win. Tomic may have made a slam quarter but he's becoming irrelevant in his own country in favor of this guy

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
well the difference between tomic and kyrgios and even kokkinakis is that its obvious that these 2 want it. They go out and give it everything and you can see that.

with tomic the guy is lazy as hell and he's tanked so many matches you cant even count them anymore and he's still so young. People don't want to back someone who doesn't look like they care

·
ツ
7,561 Posts
he's a great guy, made my day with commentary.
Not as arrogant on mic as i suspected
Kyrgios is confident on court. Just check out his twitter though and you'll see he's really very humble and a great kid
This guy's demeanor is an absolute win. Tomic may have made a slam quarter but he's becoming irrelevant in his own country in favor of this guy
well the difference between tomic and kyrgios and even kokkinakis is that its obvious that these 2 want it. They go out and give it everything and you can see that.

with tomic the guy is lazy as hell and he's tanked so many matches you cant even count them anymore and he's still so young. People don't want to back someone who doesn't look like they care
I'm so glad motorhead started this thread. Finally a greater appreciation of what I've been saying all along.

·
Registered
161 Posts
he just has to learn to show his fair behaviour on the big stage, e.g. aussie open. only us "nerds" get to know him when his guest commentating a challenger 1st round. the vast majority just doesn't notice this at all :shrug:

tbh: i don't like him for some reason but there are also other teenagers on the circuit who still have to learn that lesson!

·
Registered
160 Posts
he has a "in your face" attitude on court that could get him disliked by larger crowds. But we need all sorts of players in the game as long as they try all they can to win as professionals. He showed that with beating Jack Suck

Personally i disliked him at first because he seemed like a smug guy but he won me over with his gutsy play.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts

That's not a fair comment. By 19, Tomic had achieved far more than Krygios has. Tomic obviously had a lot of personal problems that caused him to go off the rails a bit but he worked hard to achieve what he did.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts