Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kyrgios as expected played and served well.

Its good that Nadal lost, as it is very difficult for Nadal to play big servers in all the rounds. Even if Rafa won this match, he had to meet another big server Raonic and by the time he would reach semi final he would be tired and would have been defeated by federer easily.

Kyrgios can beat Raonic and if he reaches semi final Kyrgios will destroy Federer.

Good luck Kyrgios for your first Grand slam final appearance.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
This is the same guy who thought Giraldo was going to beat Federer.

I can't see Nick getting by Raonic anyways.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Federer in grass is totally different ball game compared to Nadal. If they meet, Federer beats him in 3 or 4.

·
Registered
7,823 Posts
No disrespect, but I can't imagine how Kyrgios would possibly break Federer's serve. Nick was struggling even with Rafa's first serve, and not just in terms of returning it deep, but on many occasions even the contact with the ball wasn't clean. Fed's serve is infinitely better and harder to read than Nadal's so Roger should cruise on serve.

I actually think that Federer would be an extremely bad match-up for Kyrgios, I hope so anyway. The slice would give nick plenty of trouble as well.

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
No disrespect, but I can't imagine how Kyrgios would possibly break Federer's serve. Nick was struggling even with Rafa's first serve, and not just in terms of returning it deep, but on many occasions even the contact with the ball wasn't clean. Fed's serve is infinitely better and harder to read than Nadal's so Roger should cruise on serve.

I actually think that Federer would be an extremely bad match-up for Kyrgios, I hope so anyway. The slice would give nick plenty of trouble as well.
Think Tsonga - Federer at Wimbledon 2011.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
And I'd be more than happy if this kid won the title afterwards.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Mark my words,,, if kyrgios and federer meet..federer will toy with him like hell..

Kyrgios court movement is bad..and his net game is worse...federer tries to bring him to the net by hitting insane drop shots and hits a passing winner every time !!

Federer will destroy him in 3!!

Kyrgios can beat Murray Ofcourse... He loves pushers !!

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
lol good luck to him, maybe he can manage to beat Federer in an exhibition match if he loses to Raonic.

Shouldn't look past you next opponent, especially when he's ranked more than 130 places higher than you :facepalm:

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
lol good luck to him, maybe he can manage to beat Federer in an exhibition match if he loses to Raonic.

Shouldn't look past you next opponent, especially when he's ranked more than 130 places higher than you :facepalm:
The whole world is rooting for an exciting player like Kyrgios to beat the boring Canadian robot, so you can understand they get a bit carried away.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

So are you suggesting that Kyrgios wimbledon success might be a fluke and eventually he would fade out?

We have seen many young players doing that ...like playing one or two great matches and then fade out.

But I hate to see big serving tennis matches, there is no fun and it is boring.

Todays match might have brought some happiness to federer fans...but watching these matches ..its a waste of time.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Here comes the hype threads. I hope this kid succeeds but don't get ahead of yourselves, he might lose next round then drop back out of the top 100

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
he might lose next round then drop back out of the top 100
We could wait a long time for that to happen. He's basically got 0 points to defend all year.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Kyrgios as expected played and served well.

Its good that Nadal lost, as it is very difficult for Nadal to play big servers in all the rounds. Even if Rafa won this match, he had to meet another big server Raonic and by the time he would reach semi final he would be tired and would have been defeated by federer easily.

Kyrgios can beat Raonic and if he reaches semi final Kyrgios will destroy Federer.

Good luck Kyrgios for your first Grand slam final appearance.
You are getting a little ahead of things. You are assuming Federer will even make the semi final. There's a dark horse in our midst

One Stanilas Wawrinka. He is playing well enough to beat them all. And it wouldn't surprise me if Federer falls tomorrow against him.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts