Mens Tennis Forums banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

· Registered
2,340 Posts
Nick Kyrigos is a ****** and a poser surprises no tennis journalist has not pointed this out.
He's worse than a ******. He thinks because he has dark skin that no one will notice he isn't black. Cringe worthy.

Upper class Greek/Malaysian Australian thinks he can pass himself off as a black American from the hood. rofl.
Nick Kyrigos is not upper class he is trash. But I do see he definitely has an identity crisis he thinks he is African American. The gold chains and fade hair style this guy is just like justin bieber. He probably listens to Rao music too. Kyrigos is such a ******.

· MONSOON season.
84,869 Posts
What Rothenberg does well as a writer, compared to most other tennis journalists, is shine a light on some lower-ranked players. He is a fan of the sport as a whole and does not merely follow or report on the Top 10. Think of him what you may, but I appreciate that. This is also someone who attends the Grand Slam qualifying tournament (at least several years at Wimbledon).

· Registered
2,267 Posts
Nick Kyrigos is not upper class he is trash. But I do see he definitely has an identity crisis he thinks he is African American. The gold chains and fade hair style this guy is just like justin bieber. He probably listens to Rao music too. Kyrigos is such a ******.
His mom is a computer engineer and his dad owns his own painting company. That's at least upper middle class where I come from.

Regardless, he's the biggest poser in pro sports today.

· Registered
3,863 Posts
His mom is a computer engineer and his dad owns his own painting company. That's at least upper middle class where I come from.

Regardless, he's the biggest poser in pro sports today.
Certainly not ghetto material, but middle (or lower middle) class in Canberra - his father 'owns' a painting firm, but I think its basically just him and an offsider in reality, not an empire or anything.

· Registered
2,267 Posts
Certainly not ghetto material, but middle (or lower middle) class in Canberra - his father 'owns' a painting firm, but I think its basically just him and an offsider in reality, not an empire or anything.
That's still some solid dual income. Where I live is high cost of living although I think the big Aussie cities is even higher.

Typical middle class family here has a tradesman father and the wife working some BS job. A cop and nurse will be doing far better than average and will easily live in a nice area.

· Registered
3,863 Posts
That's still some solid dual income. Where I live is high cost of living although I think the big Aussie cities is even higher.

Typical middle class family here has a tradesman father and the wife working some BS job.
This is kind of irrelevant really - bottom line is Kyrgios is not some American ghetto kid even if he affects the persona.

Dual incomes are the norm here, and Canberra is pretty expensive to live in, and has a very high average income by dint of being the most highly educated populance in Australia and centre of Government.

Not sure I'd assume how high paid Mrs Kyrgios' job is - 'computer engineer' can mean anything to manning a help desk or something a lot more sophisticated. And tradespeople like painters get paid if they get work and do it, but have no guaranteed income.

· Registered
2,267 Posts
This is kind of irrelevant really - bottom line is Kyrgios is not some American ghetto kid even if he affects the persona.

Dual incomes are the norm here, and Canberra is pretty expensive to live in, and has a very high average income by dint of being the most highly educated populance in Australia and centre of Government.

Not sure I'd assume how high paid Mrs Kyrgios' job is - 'computer engineer' can mean anything to manning a help desk or something a lot more sophisticated. And tradespeople like painters get paid if they get work and do it, but have no guaranteed income.
I agree it's largely irrelevant in this case, but two skilled (professional or trades) worker incomes is not lower middle class. If you live in an affluent community, then you are pretty much middle or greater by default.

Upper middle = 2 skilled incomes
Middle = Skilled + unskilled
Lower middle = Unskilled + unskilled or skilled single income
Lower class = Unskilled single income

Whether you're upper class would depend on wealth I guess.

· Registered
322 Posts

· Registered
3,863 Posts
I agree it's largely irrelevant in this case, but two skilled (professional or trades) worker incomes is not lower middle class. If you live in an affluent community, then you are pretty much middle or greater by default.

Upper middle = 2 skilled incomes
Middle = Skilled + unskilled
Lower middle = Unskilled + unskilled or skilled single income
Lower class = Unskilled single income

Whether you're upper class would depend on wealth I guess.
No - what I'm saying is that neither of them are skilled incomes. The normal qualification for a painter in Australia is Certificate III which is very low skill level indeed - can take about 40 hours to obtain mostly on the job training.

Average salary for someone employed is around $A55,000. Probably more like $70,000 if you are the boss, but depends how many hours a week you work - and if you a flitting around the world trying to keep son under control, that is zero income. So very much average wage land in all probability.

And a computer engineer can similarly just be cert III or IV and likely not that different an income.

Whereas a significant proportion of the Canberra population have advanced tertiary quals and six figure incomes with two earners in that territory.

· Registered
2,267 Posts
No - what I'm saying is that neither of them are skilled incomes. The normal qualification for a painter in Australia is Certificate III which is very low skill level indeed - can take about 40 hours to obtain mostly on the job training.

Average salary for someone employed is around $A55,000. Probably more like $70,000 if you are the boss, but depends how many hours a week you work - and if you a flitting around the world trying to keep son under control, that is zero income. So very much average wage land in all probability.

And a computer engineer can similarly just be cert III or IV and likely not that different an income.

Whereas a significant proportion of the Canberra population have advanced tertiary quals and six figure incomes with two earners in that territory.
Computer engineer generally means a software or ECE engineer with a degree in it. I'm not sure what you mean by cert 3/4, etc.

Here it's illegal to call yourself (or advertise a position as) an engineer if you aren't a real one. So some excel monkey can't just call himself that. I assume Aus has similar regulations.

· Registered
2,340 Posts

Typical middle class family here has a tradesman father and the wife working some BS job.

That is the point Kyrigos is a poser that is what a ****** is. He thinks he is a hard man and anti establishment he is just a racially confused punk with an identity crisis he is a ******.

· Registered
2,118 Posts
Good or bad, ****** or not, the guy gets noticed, not only for his dress and manner but also for his tennis skills. Should he not play so well and dress to please and become someone unnoticed ranked out of the top100 to be more acceptable. WHAT THE HELL . . . .

· Registered
4,685 Posts
That doesn't even make sense, just say black.

· Registered
3,863 Posts
Computer engineer generally means a software or ECE engineer with a degree in it. I'm not sure what you mean by cert 3/4, etc.

Here it's illegal to call yourself (or advertise a position as) an engineer if you aren't a real one. So some excel monkey can't just call himself that. I assume Aus has similar regulations.
For the record, Cert 3 is an Australian vocational educational qualification - you have to demonstrate assorted competencies and knowledge, but its pretty basic.

And no in Australia anyone can call themselves an engineer (or computer engineer), it is isn't a registered profession. I googled jobs under the term and the first one that came up was exactly what I thought - help desk support for clients of a computer system, quals an optional extra.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.