Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Too Early To Tell

Votes: 4 12.9%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get to watch much Tennis these days just due to the "perks" of everyday working life but is all the comparisons justified? Not just because they both have a big serve and are greek heritage?

Thanks.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
One is an all-time great with a great stoic demeanor on court, and the other one is a delusional sulky, whiny, disrespectful toolbag - truly a little man.

There is no comparison.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Game-wise, Kyrgios is far slower with poorer movement on all surfaces, flawed BH technique, TERRIBLE on the run... No ROS. No volleys. No touch. No feel. Ballbasher. Not comparable to the great man.

Reactions: SHOKAN

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
No comparison I would say.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
They are exactly the same ... Pete hated tennis and wanted to be a basketball player too! :(

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Kind regards

6-7(2) 7-6(5) 7-6(12)
Yep, and I wish Federer could play Kyrgios for the rest of his life for high stakes $$$. Flukes are flukes are flukes.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Kind regards

6-7(2) 7-6(5) 7-6(12)
Says someone with "Wimbledal 2015" in their sig :haha:

How long is Dull going to take between serves now? To win Wimbledon 2015 he may need to extend it to 20 minutes between serves..unless he's up against Faker who would outdo him by taking 25 minutes between serves and bouncing the ball 65 times.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Don't see the comparison.

This next point is aimed at everyone: Can we please stop putting 'Tennis' instead of 'tennis' in the middle of sentences.

It's annoying.

Merci.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Kind regards

6-7(2) 7-6(5) 7-6(12)
Kind regards 7-6(5) 5-7 7-6(5) 6-3 :lol:

Fed had match points and won more points , thugdal wasn't even close got bitchslapped in the last set

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Kind regards 7-6(5) 5-7 7-6(5) 6-3 :lol:

Fed had match points and won more points , thugdal wasn't even close got bitchslapped in the last set
:stupid: He had set points in the 3rd set, which is comparable to BO3.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
The only comparison you need is that one is a thug and one isn't. Kyrgios has a lot of potential and talent, but he's the biggest damn douchebag and thug I've seen in a while.

Quote me on this prediction if you want: Kyrgios will get defaulted in a match in the future. Possibly with some hefty fines. :shrug:

^^^ :facepalm: Tool. Thug. Douchebag.

If you want a game wise analysis, Sampras is an all court player, and Kyrgios is a servebot who is awful at the net. Decent groundstrokes but crappy movement due to size.

Until Kyrgios grows the hell up I rightfully won't be supportive of this thug. He's 20 already, he needs to mature, but I don't think he'll change.

·
Registered
11,126 Posts
:stupid: He had set points in the 3rd set, which is comparable to BO3.
Fed is a non-issue on clay now and it's his worst surface. And he came from just winning a tournament less than a couple days prior. And he choked in that match horribly as he was up a break in the 2nd. Anyways a win is a win I guess, even if it's against a declined fossil Fed on his worst surface :shrug:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
The only comparison you need is that one is a thug and one isn't. Kyrgios has a lot of potential and talent, but he's the biggest damn douchebag and thug I've seen in a while.

Quote me on this prediction if you want: Kyrgios will get defaulted in a match in the future. Possibly with some hefty fines. :shrug:

^^^ :facepalm: Tool. Thug. Douchebag.

If you want a game wise analysis, Sampras is an all court player, and Kyrgios is a servebot who is awful at the net. Decent groundstrokes but crappy movement due to size.

Until Kyrgios grows the hell up I rightfully won't be supportive of this thug. He's 20 already, he needs to mature, but I don't think he'll change.
I'm sorry, what about those pictures makes him a 'thug'? His skin colour?

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Thug is just wrong, douchebro on the other hand...

·
6,482 Posts
Very similar in many ways, not suggesting Kyrgios will accomplish anything near Sampras, but for raw talent he is up there.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I have never heard this comparison from any commentator but I don't always listen - especially to Australian commentary as it is generally ludicrous. I can't see any comparison at all. Sampras was respectful, focused, and just a far more complete player than the likes of Kyrgios will ever be. (Although by 'complete' I don't mean to imply he could play on clay very well).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts