Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
19-year-old Australian teenager Nick Kyrgios, who sensationally knocked out Rafael Nadal at Wimbledon last month, has been awarded a wild card for next week's Rogers Cup in Toronto, along with American Jack Sock and Canadians Frank Dancevic and Peter Polansky.

Kyrgios is now the youngest ranked player in the top 100 at no. 69 while Sock has been on a roll of late, having won the Wimbledon doubles title with Pospisil and also climbing to a career-best no. 60 in the singles rankings.

Dancevic and Polansky join Canada's top two players - Milos Raonic and Vasek Pospisil - in the main draw of the singles event. Dancevic is ranked no. 123 in the wold and was a quarter-finalist at this Masters Series event in 2007 while Polansky is currently ranked no. 129.

Meanwhile, world No. 259 Steven Diez, world no. 270 Filip Peliwo , world no. 609 Brayden Schnur and world no. 688 Pavel Krainik have been awarded wild cards into the qualifying draw.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
What a waste. Jack Suck wouldn't beat a top 10 WTA player and should stick to banging sloane stephens, while Kyrgios is milking the hype over that fluke win he got over GOAT. To be honest, none of the youngsters impress me. It's unfortunate GOAT has an injury (a real injury, unlike some others I could mention) so that he can't show these upstarts who is the boss. Toronto and Cinci have been reduced to MM events this year and I doubt I'll be watching them, even with my free work schedule.

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
What a waste. Jack Suck wouldn't beat a top 10 WTA player and should stick to banging sloane stephens, while Kyrgios is milking the hype over that fluke win he got over GOAT. To be honest, none of the youngsters impress me. It's unfortunate GOAT has an injury (a real injury, unlike some others I could mention) so that he can't show these upstarts who is the boss. Toronto and Cinci have been reduced to MM events this year and I doubt I'll be watching them, even with my free work schedule.
No sympathy for your compatriot I guess? :lol:

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
good luck nick!!

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Kyrgios deserves every wild card he can get for the rest of his life just for showing how clueless Nadal really is...not sure about Sock tho

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Kyrgios deserves every wild card he can get for the rest of his life just for showing how clueless Nadal really is...not sure about Sock tho
It's not up to Nadal to elevate careers of random scrubs. I'd like you to bet real money on Kyrgios if you think the kid is any good. I guarantee you won't do it, because deep inside you know he's a scrub who won't do anything outside the fluke win.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
It's not up to Nadal to elevate careers of random scrubs. I'd like you to bet real money on Kyrgios if you think the kid is any good. I guarantee you won't do it, because deep inside you know he's a scrub who won't do anything outside the fluke win.
you should praise the fact your country has a prospect like Kyrgios is instead of being just another blind Nadal tard :bigwave:

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
you should praise the fact your country has a prospect like Kyrgios is instead of being just another blind Nadal tard :bigwave:
I'd switch to drinking lemonade instead of whiskey before I acknowledge a mug like Kyrgious as a 'prospect'

·
Registered
5,702 Posts

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Agreed, Sock has looked Americas best player of late while Kyrgios is very much the upcoming player
lol...even as pensioners Fish and Duck are still more entertaining to watch than Suck & Co.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Glad Nick got one. Hoping to see him play live next week. Would have like to see Thiem too (he's not even on qualies list?? Is he coming?). But I understand the horse-trading that took place with USTA for Sock & also fact that he's Vasek's double's partner.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
deserved WC's, Kyrgios is rising fast and Sock has semis in Newport, quarters in ATL and a decent loss to Raonic in DC round 2 on his record as of late (along with the 2 doubles titles in Wimby and ATL).

Thiem and Zverev prefer clay so I understand not giving them WC's, Kokkinakis should have been considered as well though given he is playing Van challenger this week.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Let's see how Kyrgios performs after dismantling series of grass mugs at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
This post is hilarious lol! I don't agree with it but I thought it was extremely funny!

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Deserved WC's.

Kyrgios just reached the QF's in Wimbledon at the age of 19.

I don't like Sock, but he's in a good season, he's a 21-22 yo, has 18-12 W-L and ranked 60th in the world. Also he won Wimbledon doubles title playing with a canadian player, this should've helped too.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Nice !!
Good luck Nick and Jack !!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts