Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Petra Kvitova feels she can defend her Wimbledon title this summer and describes the grass-court Grand Slam as the “best tournament in the world”. Wimbledon is also recognised as a series of matches that produces many tantalising tennis betting offers.

The 22-year-old pulled off a big shock when collecting her first major title in 2011, defeating Victoria Azarenka before her final success over Maria Sharapova.

Kvitova, who reached the SW19 semi-finals in 2010, is yet to win a title in 2012 but remains hopeful of being able to collect the Roswater Dish on Centre Court again this year.

The Czech ace has become a world-renowned name since her victory at Wimbledon and her coach admits that has been one factor that she has had to deal with.

David Kotyza always felt his player could reach the top of her sport, despite what he describes as “big pressure” from the media.

Kvitova's coach said: "She has no time to rest, so we have to plan every day really well because otherwise she can be injured and unhappy.”

He added: "I prepared her a small questionnaire before I started working with her, asking her what she thought about her style and about the game, about her advantages and disadvantages.

"From the answers, I recognised she is a clever girl and can think about tennis and her attitude is really good. I know this girl could reach the top."

There were some concerns with whether on Kvitova would have the potential to upset the live betting odds following defeat in the US Open, but her semi-final appearance at the Australian Open indicated that her Grand Slam success was not a flash in the pan.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts