Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the draw I just noticed Kuerten is in there. He's playing Grosjean 1st round. I imagine this will be one and done for Kuerten. Hopefully he'll pick up a descent number of games at least.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Well, Grosjean is far from his best times, but he is still good enough to demolish most of the challengers and futures players. :cool: And he loves this hardcourts too.

I hope Guga enjoys the match and Seb showes some mercy and doesnt just demolish him out there.

·
Registered
385 Posts
he will. He received a wild card to Miami months ago. Unfortunately Grosjean is going to absolutely destroy him.

I hope Guga enjoys the match and Seb showes some mercy and doesn't just demolish him out there.

Well some confidence people have in GUGA :rolleyes: but I guess he's hardly played any tennis ... it's somewhat strange; obviously he wants to play just some tourneys once more, but unless he's practicing daily ... it will just be tough on him ...

I hope he DOES GOOD though ... GUGA one more TIME !! :cool:

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
I don't like this whole farewell tour idea. Guga can barely run these days, let alone play decent matches. I mean, why bother playing Miami, Monte Carlo, Rome? Just play Costa do Sauipe which he did (home tournament), Florianopolis (challenger in his city), and the final match at Roland Garros. :shrug:

Grosjean will wipe the court with him.

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
I don't like this whole farewell tour idea. Guga can barely run these days, let alone play decent matches. I mean, why bother playing Miami, Monte Carlo, Rome? Just play Costa do Sauipe which he did (home tournament), Florianopolis (challenger in his city), and the final match at Roland Garros. :shrug:

yeah, I think so too.
& it will be all to sad to watch. :sad:

·
Registered
735 Posts

Can Roland Garros afford to give Wild Cards to unranked players?

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
I think it's quite good draw for Guga. Grosjean played tough tournament last week in Sunrise so he can be a little bit tired. Their last meeting was almost 8 years ago :lol:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Doesn't GUGA at least want to compete, why play just 2 play, I mean I'm not saying he's going to embarrass himself, but I hope he gets some form to peak at RG once more, imagine him reaching a Q-Final there ... he'd be the instant sentimental favorite ... :cool:

On the other hand it also reminds me of BECKER, when he once said; I'm not playing Wimbledon anymore ... cuz I could never beat PETE (Sampras) there anyway, so there's no point...

I say GUGA GO all the way !! :)

·
Registered
366 Posts

Agree. It's just like if Grosjean had a bye here...

It's unfair for the players who actually deserves a wild card.

·
Registered
275 Posts
No matter the result...

It's always a pleasure to see Gustavo on a tennis court again! :hatoff:

·
Registered
385 Posts
No matter the result...

It's always a pleasure to see Gustavo on a tennis court again!
I will definitely second that !! :clap2:

It's just a little strange he seems ok with going about it like this, I'd almost say half-hearted-ly (in terms of competing of course), I know GUGA is all heart!

He doesn't even have a ranking btw ... strange ...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Guga :worship: i also love to see him on court, he's such a great guy but i honestly think that he should end his professional career. Right now he isn't doing anything good, it doesn't depend on him anymore - he just isn't physically fit. Come on, he's a 3 times GS champion and doesn't deserve to lose to guys way under his level who will probably never in their career play even 30% of Guga's best tennis :rolleyes: not all players can retire like Sampras but why hurt yourself, these are still official matches and they count.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts