Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the surface of Malaysian Open in Kuala Lumpur??

According to this main draw it's played on Carpet, Greenset on Boards. But I thought carpet has been forbidden by the ATP a few years ago? Both qualifying draw and doubles draw show Hard, Greenset on Boards as the surface, so that's problaby more correct?

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
Greenset is the name of the company owned by Javi Sanchez that makes the surface it's not carpet.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
greenset is a type (brand) of hardcourt.

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
Bad entry list, bad surface, WORST atmosphere on the stands.....

Hopefully this event gets deleted from ATP Tour. Turkey deserves one instead of this one. :p

·
Registered
11,291 Posts
Bad entry list, bad surface, WORST atmosphere on the stands.....

Hopefully this event gets deleted from ATP Tour. Turkey deserves one instead of this one. :p
I don't mind but it would be better if Turkey could provide challengers like that in Izmir in official livescores first.

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
Hehe, there was livescore both for Istanbul and Izmir last year but dunno about this year. :)

·
Registered
21,337 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Banned here or at all events? :confused:
At all events. Someone said they did it because Federer and Nadal have whined about it, but I don't know if it's true.
Take this with a grain of salt because it's from an MTF post, but Scoobs is a respectable poster:

Federer and Nadal made a change to the surface a condition of them playing.

Nadal said the surface "gave no value to his game" (read: topspin not that effective) and Federer said he had balance problems on the old surface.

I think it's outrageous that the top 2 players should combine in this way to effectively demand a surface be adjusted at a tournament, but there we are.

As I have said elsewhere, it used to be that the players had to adapt their game as best they could to the surface, but now it seems the surface is expected to be adapted to the players.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts