Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Challenger-quality match, but the South African predictably was the more solid, mentally and game-wise, and that is what got him the win. 11 doubles from Sweeting. The match turned when Sweeting had break points for a set and break lead for a *3-2 second set lead, and didn't take them. Was immediately broken and never recovered from that point.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I used to like Ryan, but he really doesn't belong at this level. P-Mac said he can be a 70-100 player but he's done virtually nothing since Houston. Just awful mentally.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
Sweeting is a complete clown, goes on such obvious mental tilt when he's pissed off with the way a match is going, idiot on court and I assume an idiot off it.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
I used to like Ryan, but he really doesn't belong at this level. P-Mac said he can be a 70-100 player but he's done virtually nothing since Houston. Just awful mentally.
It's a mystery to me that anyone likes him.

He wasn't even particularly good in houston, just faced dire opposition.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True, he did luck out in Houston, that Querrey v Sweeting match was one of the worst ever :tape:

He's gotten into some off-court trouble in the past. He needs a mental coach. Incredibly immature. He used to play an aggressive game too, I don't know what's happened but he doesn't have finishing shots anymore unless going for absolute broke.

He's like a hack-version of Roddick now.

·
Premium Member
3,051 Posts
True, he did luck out in Houston, that Querrey v Sweeting match was one of the worst ever :tape:

He's gotten into some off-court trouble in the past. He needs a mental coach. Incredibly immature. He used to play an aggressive game too, I don't know what's happened but he doesn't have finishing shots anymore unless going for absolute broke.

He's like a hack-version of Roddick now.
Immature is the right word.

Yep, the only time he really hits hard now is when he's angry and playing on tilt, standard shots increased margin of error with extra topspin I guess, and when that fails him just starts slapping it about randomly.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Sweeting is one of the worst server in TOP150. I know many better servers than Ryan out of TOP150, for sure. MUG

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Legendary stuff from the South African Playboy aka "Rocco Siffredi", never in any doubt...

Thanks champ, showed grande cojones when needed...

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
ryan is a guy ike golubev. He fluked his way to a title based on one week of good form and has not done anything since and in all likelihood never will.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
tragedy that Sweeting has an ATP title

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Sweeting is 6'5", but his serve may actually be worse than Oli Rochus who's 5'6". How does a tall American make it this far in his career with no serve?

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Sweeting suck..................

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
:zzz:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts