Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Russian qualifier makes a dramatic amount of awful errors. Somdev played closer to the baseline than he does on outdoor hard and hit the ball with a bit more pace than usual, but didn't have to do much more than wait for errors. Somdev served well statistically but a lot of that is due to Mikhail's bad returning.

All in all, perfect match-up for Somdev and he got the win.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So based on the stats I read on a website, Ledovskikh made 51 errors. Can anyone confirm that :lol:

Anyway, if that is true that more or less describes how this match went.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I saw it. My sleep patterns are different for this Asian swing, I've been going to sleep around 7 at night to wake up at 1 in the morning.

Somdev wasn't super defensive today. He was playing with more force on the ball, but it was Ledovskikh making the winners and errors. The final game the Russian sort of tanked it, looking fatigued.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Well though it doesn't sound like he's playing all that well, Devv doesn't lose many matches he should be winning, he tends to lose against those you'd expect him to lose to (even against Ilhan in cinci.. the way he was hitting the ball, the outcome wasn't too surprising), so coming through this first round is still a good result early on against someone with nothing much to lose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts