Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VENUS took that last loss at the U.S. Open finals, to that pesky baby sister, pretty hard and has not played an event since that match.

Hopefully VENUS has gotten over that loss, built up a callus on that palm to prevent blisters and finally begun to effectively work on her serving technique.

If VENUS has worked on that serve, it could be 15-20% better and continued work could get it in the 25-30% improvement range by the November championships.

I am looking for VENUS to have a 35-50% serving improvement by the Crockodile Open. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It will be nice to see VENUS get some more wins over Big Lindsay and Hingis once more.
She needs to build up her lifetime head-to-head records against those two.

·
Registered
130 Posts
TEE--RELAX- DAMN- Don't worry- i'm one of those Willy fans that was cheering for Vee to beat Serena at both Wimby and US open and still believe in Vee...but i've been taking little digs at Queen Vee lately- just like ANton is at Serena-- all in fun:)

Yeah, Vee will whip Rena at LA....sure, ok..wink, wink...No she better!

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
She's not ready. And it will show in the Ladies Kremlin Cup.

I don't think Venus expected to lose 3 grand slam finals this year. She has to be very hurt by that. And there will be a carryover effect.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't think it will be any carryover affect. I think that's why she took time off to deal with it. Venus is a smart girl. she will be ready in Moscow, and in November, she'll be ready for Serena. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Of course Venus will be ready. In fact she will be more than ready. This is Venus Williams we're talking about here. Show 'em Queen Vee :)

GOOOOOOOOOOO WILLIAMS

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nobody will show up for the final, Venus will win her first two matches 6-0 6-0, and the rest of the field will withdraw with a sore throat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think an old Hingis-Venus rivalry in the final is just what is needed to spice up the tour again, martina has to get past lindsay and venus probably mauresmo, then we r in for a good final with hopefully Martina winning in 3 sets, good luck to all the girls!!!!!!!!!!!

(and teerex i didnt know yu were British???)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts