Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/2610799.stm

Richard Krajicek will return to the court next week for the first time since the US Open after overcoming a heel injury.
The injury-ravaged Dutchman damaged his heel in the first round at Flushing Meadows back in August.

The former Wimbledon champion's return match is against Australian Scott Draper in the AAPT Championships as part of his preparations for the Australian Open.

"Hopefully in the next couple weeks and this week also I can win some matches, get some confidence, and you never know what's going to happen," said Krajicek.

Krajicek has been riddled with injury problems in recent seasons, suffering a string of knee and elbow injuries.

But on Saturday he insisted he was back to full fitness.

Speaking about Draper, he said: "You have to expect he can suddenly come out and swing a couple big returns.

"But he can also suddenly hit a few double-faults and miss a few easy shots, so you have to be on your toes against him.

"He's a very talented, very loose player."

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah, hope Richard have a healthy 2003. I hope he goes further in Wimbledon this year. :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Thanks for the article TBE. It's nice to hear he's back. He had set his mind on returning for AO and he did. He played an exhibition tournament in Austria a few weeks ago to see where he was at. He lost to Federer, but I don't know how he did in the other matches.

Good luck Richard, hope to see you in Rotterdam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts