Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These two Americans have a rivalry and today's fifth duel in Delray qualies could be the most important, desperate one of all...Young leads 3-1 but both's careers are hanging by a thread as each are ranked outside the top 300. both desperately need a win today.

·
Registered
11,765 Posts
It didn't disappoint. Watched the last 3 games because of Tennis Tipping. Worst tennis I've ever seen.
At first, I was laughing, but then I felt bad for this Kozlov guy. He has absolutely no future in tennis but he still tries and probably thinks he will do it. Who is financing him? Throwing money out the window. He has nothing on his shots, it looks like he goes for precision instead of power even from very favourable positions and still hits 3 meters wide. It's brutal.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just posted on another page on this forum. I can't believe Young won, being down a break in the final set. I mentioned Donald should buy a Florida lottery ticket today because he sure got lucky. Before the haters attack, no I am not a racist, but Donald Young has made over 4 million American dollars playing tennis and I would say a good 70 percent of this has come from tournament organizers who felt he deserved a wildcard. In hindsight, he did not. However, he beat Kozlov today, so he is in the main draw on his on merit, he deserves his place there as well as the prize money. Let's see how he progresses in the tournament.

·
Registered
11,765 Posts
Eh, you are partly right, but at least he showed some good tennis in the past, reached 4th round at the US Open among other good results. I think he got more Wild Cards than he deserved because he was the hope of American tennis, it's a natural thing to push him from behind.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
In the underworld, when Sisyphus takes a look above the hill he is supposed to carry his rock over, he sees a tennis court with Kozlov and Young playing a tiebreak. The tiebreak is already running for several centuries, but every time one of the player reaches set point he either doublefaults or responds with another absolutely unnecessary UE

·
Registered
17,742 Posts
It didn't disappoint. Watched the last 3 games because of Tennis Tipping. Worst tennis I've ever seen.
At first, I was laughing, but then I felt bad for this Kozlov guy. He has absolutely no future in tennis but he still tries and probably thinks he will do it. Who is financing him? Throwing money out the window. He has nothing on his shots, it looks like he goes for precision instead of power even from very favourable positions and still hits 3 meters wide. It's brutal.
Lmao this is so savage

·
justice for all
16,228 Posts
Didn’t even watch but Kozlov’s choke was as predictable as snow in Antarctica.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Didn’t even watch but Kozlov’s choke was as predictable as snow in Antarctica.
Snow doesn't fall very often, the continent only gets an average of 2 inches of precipitation each year. Antarctica is technically a desert, and a particularly dry one at that.

That being said, Kozlov is pretty much the worst thing to ever happen to "pro" tennis.

·
justice for all
16,228 Posts
Snow doesn't fall very often, the continent only gets an average of 2 inches of precipitation each year. Antarctica is technically a desert, and a particularly dry one at that.

That being said, Kozlov is pretty much the worst thing to ever happen to "pro" tennis.
You got me there. Should have rather said ice, but that too may disappear in 100 years from now.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kozlov was up a set and a break in the second and third sets and still lost. Story of his pro career. Just can't finish off matches in the pros even from the winning position. Lack of weapon and choking factor. So many losses in this same pattern, recently to Nico Mejia in Orlando, same thing. Hard courts he has no pop. This was such an oppty for Kozlov. Back to itfs...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Kozlov was up a set and a break in the second and third sets and still lost. Story of his pro career. Just can't finish off matches in the pros even from the winning position. Lack of weapon and choking factor. So many losses in this same pattern, recently to Nico Mejia in Orlando, same thing. Hard courts he has no pop. This was such an oppty for Kozlov. Back to itfs...
I dont think that its 'the story of his pro career'. Something else happened. He took down so many guys and won good challenger titles while being young as fuck.

191 Posts
In the underworld, when Sisyphus takes a look above the hill he is supposed to carry his rock over, he sees a tennis court with Kozlov and Young playing a tiebreak. The tiebreak is already running for several centuries, but every time one of the player reaches set point he either doublefaults or responds with another absolutely unnecessary UE
A better allegory would be Sisyphus looking over that same hill perusing his namesake "trying" to close out a seemingly "unblowable" 3rd rd. US Open match 4 months ago.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
but that too may disappear in 100 years from now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don’t wish harm on anyone nor do I bet on tennis matches but I cannot believe the Young match. What a nightmare! Cannot wait to see the main draw matches!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont think that its 'the story of his pro career'. Something else happened. He took down so many guys and won good challenger titles while being young as fuck.
Kozlov did win two Challengers and those were big wins, hehas some quality wins over the likes of Sandgren, Pierre Hugues Herbert, Steve Johnson, Querrey,but the quality wins have been few and far between many heartbreakers. His game has stopped imporving, it's like stuck in suspended animation or he's hit his ceiling? But there is an underlying sense his foundation is just too solid to surrender now, just a couple of technical and mental refinements and fixes can spark his career. Hope he finds it, he does have a nice game to watch. Hope his perseverance pays off. Like it did for Victor Estrella, Wayne Arthurs, and other late bloomers.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Kozlov's best chance of winning again is an extended grass court season. That's where all his ATP match wins come from - though, on the other hand, he did give Adrian Menendez-Maceiras his only ATP victory on grass at Newport. On HCs he's lost to the likes of Jared Hiltzik and Segou Bangoura.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts