Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He led 6/4 *4/0 and from there pressed the self-destruct button.

I can't think of anyone else who has had a really clear lead and complete crowd support...and lost so tamely in the end...can you?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,626 Posts
Thank God I didn't see this match...

If it's really so bad like described, it of course an awful collapse for Koubek, but needless to say that this complete season was a bad one for him. Sure, he still doesn't need to lose like that, especially not in a home event, but I didn't expect much of him for the rest of the year. Koubek's 2005 started with the doping suspension and some injuries kept him out from properly practising for his return and he never seemed to catch up this deficit (and maybe some other reasons we are not aware of?! :confused: ).

I hope he can have a good 2006 :yeah: :angel:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,208 Posts
A player who lost against Lisnard should :banghead: without stopping for 12 hours...


Regarding Lisnard i have always the feeling that even a good junior being 16 years old could beat him ( Donald Young put him on troubles and also Gasquet in 2003 )
 

·
_._._._._._
Joined
·
72,524 Posts
Take nothing away from Lisnard, the man is a tennis genius. When he gets into his groove no-one can stop him. No blame attached to Koubek, he was simply powerless against such a mortal.

:p
 

·
.
Joined
·
34,657 Posts
adee-gee said:
Take nothing away from Lisnard, the man is a tennis genius. When he gets into his groove no-one can stop him. No blame attached to Koubek, he was simply powerless against such a mortal.

:p
:lol:
But actually Lisnard made a good match...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,359 Posts
Unquestionably the single worst loss of Koubek's career, and it's up against some pretty stiff competition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,765 Posts
That second set deserves to be in the hall of fame of bad tennis.

I gotta give a big thumbs down to Koubek, he is the first player I have ever seen give up when they were actually leading in the match. You could tell at 6-4 4-3 that he had spat the dummy and even though he was mentally gone Lisnard still nearly gave him the match.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,506 Posts
sparkus8 said:
That second set deserves to be in the hall of fame of bad tennis.

I gotta give a big thumbs down to Koubek, he is the first player I have ever seen give up when they were actually leading in the match. You could tell at 6-4 4-3 that he had spat the dummy and even though he was mentally gone Lisnard still nearly gave him the match.
If he gave up, he wouldn't have won a game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,431 Posts
adee-gee said:
Take nothing away from Lisnard, the man is a tennis genius. When he gets into his groove no-one can stop him. No blame attached to Koubek, he was simply powerless against such a mortal.

:p
My thoughts exactly :haha:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,169 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
If he gave up, he wouldn't have won a game.
not in this case, I was watching the live feed, and Lisnard wasn't too keen on winning the match either.

Lisnard went up 4-0 in the tiebreak, for it to come back to 5-5 with some lovely unforced errors, and then again in the 3rd set it took Jean-Rene 4 or 5 match points to finally close it out, including a double fault on one of them.
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,506 Posts
its.like.that said:
not in this case, I was watching the live feed, and Lisnard wasn't too keen on winning the match either.

Lisnard went up 4-0 in the tiebreak, for it to come back to 5-5 with some lovely unforced errors, and then again in the 3rd set it took Jean-Rene 4 or 5 match points to finally close it out, including a double fault on one of them.
I am glad I didn't see this match, this sounds like a really bad crash or a really trash reality show, you know it's crap and rubbish, but somehow people put themselves through the ordeal.

If he lost to Ginepri on clay, that is the only thing that equals a loss to Lisnard.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
34,169 Posts
GeorgeWHitler said:
I am glad I didn't see this match, this sounds like a really bad crash or a really trash reality show, you know it's crap and rubbish, but somehow people put themselves through the ordeal.

If he lost to Ginepri on clay, that is the only thing that equals a loss to Lisnard.
mate, on the form he displayed he would have lost to the current day Woodforde on clay.

:bolt:
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,506 Posts
its.like.that said:
mate, on the form he displayed he would have lost to the current day Woodforde on clay.

:bolt:
That bad was it?
 

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
Joined
·
124,506 Posts
The thing is Gaudio or Melzer plays Lizard Lips in the next round and Gaston losing to this guy, this would almost be enough for me to lose my cool, though even if Melzer lost to him, he should be very disappointed at best.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top