Mens Tennis Forums banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
not unexpected this being marat we're talking about here :D. he probably looked at Andy and thought to himself time to give this upstart kid a beat-down. unfortunately for Andy, a Marat on top form is still one of the most dangerous players out there. don't think he'll read too much into it.. nor will I :). having supported Marat for this long the word false dawn (perhaps in his case it should be false twilight) springs to mind but I'll hope fervently he wins the AO!

Reactions: MariaV

·
Registered
56 Posts
:woohoo::woohoo: Good news for me.I hope Marat is back in form ,but I don´t think so(unfortunately):rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
It's just an exhibition so hard to read anything on it.
I mean,Roddick even beat Federer in that same exhibition even last year!

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
I dont even know why Muzza decided to play this stupid exho anyway...he is already match fit!

I think this result tells you more about Safin than Murray though...he may actually be hitting good form again.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I dont even know why Muzza decided to play this stupid exho anyway...he is already match fit!

I think this result tells you more about Safin than Murray though...he may actually be hitting good form again.
Simple answer: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

What this match starkly shows is the steep difference in talent between the two "New Balls" players, Marat and Lleyton. Lleyton goes out and trains like a madman (allegedly) and loses to two players not even ranked in the top 30. Marat, in his first tourney, knocks off the "hottest" player presently in the top 10...in straight sets.:eek::eek:

And Marat will be unseeded at the AO....watch out!!

·
29,701 Posts
Yay! Marat's back and is gonna do the Grand Slam this year and be the GOAT! (switches fanboy/fangirl mode off)

Andy, rest up.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Now the British press will come down to earth..after the quotes following his doha win..

"Murray tipped to replace federer"..

"Murray third best in the world right now" -Greg rusdeski
ummm did they forget nadal :confused:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Hippo :banana:

·
Registered
677 Posts
At least he tried. If Marat really wants to do well, there's still plenty of talent there.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wow, I am shocked. Great job. Marat show them what you've got, go and win AO2008:angel:

Yeah, another Grand Slam would be good for Safin although I wish winning another Slam would make him play well in all the other Slams of the year. :rolleyes: You would think.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Well, considering it's Marat we're talking about here and it is an exho, I won't read much into it, except to say that if he can find some rhythm and consistency in Kooyong, it would be nice to bring that form into Melbourne. Let's hope he considers it...

41 - 60 of 105 Posts