Andy Roddick
Fernando Gonzalez
David Nalbandian
Andy Murray
Tommy Haas
Marcos Baghdatis (replaces Federer)
Ivan Ljubicic
Marat Safin
(ALT) Brydan Klein (replaces Nalbandian)

Draw:
(1) Davydenko v. Baghdatis
(ALT) Klein v. (3) Gonzalez
(4) Murray v. Safin
Ljubicic v. (2) Roddick

2007 Final: (3) Andy Roddick (USA) d. (1) Roger Federer (SUI) 62 36 63

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
nice field as always. Is anyone from this forum going. I'll be there for all 4 days.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Great field as usual.
This exhibition is the best one.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'll be going - not sure which days yet but keep in touch. If Nalbandian is playing I'll get as many tickets as I can, if not I'll just go for one day.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
I bet it will be Nalby :rocker2:

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
ARGENTINA'S world No.9 David Nalbandian has taken the final spot in the field for January's AAMI Classic field in Melbourne, becoming the fourth top-10 player in the eight-man line-up.
Nalbandian recently won back-to-back Masters Series titles in Madrid and Paris, beating world No.1 Roger Federer and No.2 Rafael Nadal.
The performances lifted the 26-year-old from 25th in world rankings to his latest position.
Nalbandian has finished in the top ten for the past five years and will be making his sixth Kooyong appearance.
Also in the field in the round-robin rehearsal for the Australian Open are world No.1 Roger Federer, Andy Roddick (6), Fernando Gonzalez (7), Andy Murray (11), Tommy Haas (12), Ivan Ljubicic (18) and Marat Safin (56).
The AAMI Classic begins at Kooyong on January 9 with the final on January 12.
Nalby takes the last spot!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm definitely going then!

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Ah Nalbandian is taking the last spot. Thats cool, he's really nice and enjoyable to watch. Everyone here has already played at Kooyong before though, it would have been nice if they got somebody new as well, but I'm just being picky. The field is rather nice. Regardless, VAMOS GONZO!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't know the official process but I hear the top 10 players start getting invited usually in the middle of the previous year. Usually one or two spots are kept for a 'hot' player who isn't in the top 10 but someone that people want to see.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Is Kooyong changing to Plexicushion or staying with Rebounce Ace?

·
Registered
105 Posts
According to Tennis Week They've switched as well. It makes sense because the top players go there for the sole purpose of warming up for the Australian Open.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty sure they have switched. I went past there a while ago and had a peek through the gates and the court was all ripped up, so I'm assuming they're changing the surface too.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Is there a livestream?

For this event

1 - 20 of 196 Posts