Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many posters have followed some type of transitivity argument to substantiate their opinions. In short, if player x wins against player y and player y wins against player z, then player x wins against player z. Most recently I saw that in the thread about young players to challenge Roger: The argument was that since Djokovic lost to Safin easily then Djokovic will not be able to challenge Roger in the future. My contribution to this transitivity type of reasoning will be to provide proof that the Mighty Konstantinos Economidis http://www.atptennis.atponline.net/en/players/playerprofiles/default2.asp?playersearch=Economidis,+Konstantinos
will emerge as the next challenger to Roger. Here is the evidence:

Economidis-Monaco, J. (2002, Jamaica Futures) 2-6, 6-3, 6-3
Monaco-Costa, A. (2005 Buenos Aires) 7-5, 6-4
Costa-Federer (2004, Rome) 3-6, 6-3, 6-2

Thoughts?

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can never say never, but i tend to agree. However, you can pick any player that may beat Federer and i will find a finite path that connects him to Economidis. I chose Costa because it takes only 2 transitions. (Costa-Monaco)

·
Registered
289 Posts
like six degrees of separation! (kevin bacon?? anyone??)

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Not even a picture? Can we not see Federer's Only foe and nemisis?

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found even stronger evidence that i missed during my first, superficial search:

Economidis-Nadal (2001, Barcelona, Ch. Qualifier R3): 3-6, 6-3, 6-3

This is not from the ATP site, since they don't have qualifiers, source is
http://www.tennisfacts.com/p1/E/A2439.htm

The evidence is now irrefutable: Economidis has won against Nadal on clay, something that Roger has not done so far.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alelysafina said:
Not even a picture? Can we not see Federer's Only foe and nemisis?
Sorry, i googled him but could not find pictures :sad:

·
Registered
557 Posts
I doubt Konstan can become more popular than Adam Chadaj - and he's certainly not as sexy as Andy Murray -, but yeah, it's fair to see Federer should retire now, if he wants to avoid the humiliation of being demolished on a regular basis by Econo.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
I prefer Vasilis Mazarakis personally to Economidis, but Konstantinos will revolutionise tennis.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
Oh, I posted the same photo twice.

I will find the second one later... there were two links, but I clearly blanked there.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Merton said:
I found even stronger evidence that i missed during my first, superficial search:

Economidis-Nadal (2001, Barcelona, Ch. Qualifier R3): 3-6, 6-3, 6-3

This is not from the ATP site, since they don't have qualifiers, source is
http://www.tennisfacts.com/p1/E/A2439.htm

The evidence is now irrefutable: Economidis has won against Nadal on clay, something that Roger has not done so far.
Economidis even won the tournament that week, beating David Ferrer along the way. He beat Coutelot in the final, the two of them probably shared bong hits afterwards, and that would explain why he's done nothing since. :smoke:

Reactions: Nathaliia

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SwissMister1 said:
Economidis even won the tournament that week, beating David Ferrer along the way. He beat Coutelot in the final, the two of them probably shared bong hits afterwards, and that would explain why he's done nothing since. :smoke:
That was Economidis' finest hour. Moreover, Nadal will never get the opportunity to take his revenge. It is highly unlikely that Kostas will ever appear even to the qualifiers of tournaments where Nadal plays.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GeorgeWHitler said:
I prefer Vasilis Mazarakis personally to Economidis, but Konstantinos will revolutionise tennis.
Can you imagine the potential of the Greek Davis Cup team? I wonder why nobody mentions that :sad:

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ketibeti said:
this is stupid
so if my mom is mo mom and her mom is her mom, then her mom is my mom?
Exactly. Economidis won against Nadal, Nadal won against Federer so Economidis wins against Federer.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts