Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ancic had chances, Kolya actually volleyed 26 times..:confused:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hell of a choke as well. Davydenko serving at 5-4, hilarious.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Fan-freakin'-tastic match. Well played by both.

When Davydenko is hitting the ball well, it's just great to watch him...

Gratz to Kolya.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
I've never seen Kolya with such a good performence at the net like in the first two sets :shrug:
Ancic was death tired in the third set, 4th three-setter in a row is too much for him :awww:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Ancic was too passive in the second and the third set. Davydenko deserved to win as he played some awesome shots. His net game was just superb tonight. I was cheering for Mario, but Davydenko completely deserved to win. Congrats.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I feel like I've missed out on a great match indeed. Betfair stream was UNWATCHABLE.

Congrats to Denko AND Ancic! :hatoff:

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
ancic looked completely exhausted towards the end, but you can always count on him to keep fighting. kolya played some of the best tennis i've ever seen him play, especially up at net. with the way fed and nadal have played, i think he has a shot at the title

·
Registered
208 Posts
nice fight mario. much better played compare to previous rounds. but kolya was on fire today. spectacular fh passing shot at 5-5 30-30 was decisive. credits to davydenko.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fan-freakin'-tastic match. Well played by both.

When Davydenko is hitting the ball well, it's just great to watch him...

Gratz to Kolya.

Yep...Wanted Ancic to win but Kolya totally deserved it. 48 winner and only 18 from ancic. Kolya didnt let Ancic be aggressive, eventhough he should have come to the net more often. He was tooooo good today, besides that semi choke.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Amazing , that wasn't Kolya out there, he won the match practically with volleying, net play and even serving (except those chokes at the end). Mario with a poor strategy, he let Davydenko holding his rhythm and when he does that his ground strokes are unstoppable.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Great match from Davydenko, especially the second and third set. He could have closed out the match earlier but still great effort from him. :hug: Ancic great effort from him as well but Davydenko was just better when it mattered.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Davydenko did all the work, he got the breaks from Mario, he gave back to him after that. He was dictating every point from start till end. Absolutely deserved win. Too bad Mario wasn't smart enough to try to mix things up with slices and change of pace. Those middle high top spin FH's and BH's suited Kolya so perfectly.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Ancic:sad::hug:

nice win Kolya:yeah:

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
ancic looked completely exhausted towards the end, but you can always count on him to keep fighting. kolya played some of the best tennis i've ever seen him play, especially up at net. with the way fed and nadal have played, i think he has a shot at the title
He'd probably choke though. :shrug:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I really hope we get to see more of "Davydenko can play fantastic tennis". I enjoyed watching Davydenko so much tonight. Great tennis.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
I want to sleep with Ancic.

Better? :)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts