Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
9,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very interesting read from Kokkinakis who has shared some info on personal exchanges with Federer, how their first meeting was like and why he calls Federer GOAT. Dude has quite a great writing style (if he really made it) and surprised me with the following:

’Training with him had a bit to do with it, and he was he was good about it at the net, dropped a “well played Thanazer” with a massive smile on his face.

He was obviously a bit pissed, but I was like ‘dude, you are a legend’. His reaction speaks volumes for the type of guy he is.

I thought he may have retired after Laver Cup in Geneva last year but he’ll play up to the Olympics and see how he goes.

I reckon as long as he can compete with the top guys, he’ll keep going and he’s got that game style to finish points so early, that is one of the reasons for his longevity.

Look, no-one really knows on tour, but he’s more than earned the right to do whatever he wants!

I don’t know of a player who has said a bad word about him and when he does go, the locker room will miss him.’
This and much more you’ll find in his recent write up on Aussie Foxsports:

·
Your visions will happen
50,831 Posts
Great article, TK has a great style as you said, very much enjoyed it

I'd love to hear Kokkinakis do commentary. His shoulder may never get back to where it needs to be and if so, he already has his next career lined up

·
Banned
5,488 Posts
^^
The same wrong source.
As I’ve said many times - the source was right; Rogie just changed his mind after 40-15. If he hadn’t choked there then LC Geneva would have been the set off into the sunset moment

·
Banned
5,488 Posts
Obviously Darth Vaderer is Kokkinakis.
I will neither confirm nor deny this statement, although I do admit that I have banged stanimal’s girlfriend

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
We all know that nobody with competitive fire misses the Olympics. That would especially apply to Fed, who has some big catching up in the GOAT race to do.

·
Registered
9,463 Posts
Obviously they don't write these pieces themselves. There are ghostwriters. But, it's still an interesting insight, provided they stay true to the source.
Thanks for posting, IBM!

Reactions: IBM

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Looks like the Kokk didn't bang this Swiss player's girl... he rather directly sucks up the player this time.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Federer will go for another 3-4 years. You heard it here first.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts