Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Chaos Theory
56,634 Posts
What are some of his career highlights?
Earliest memory for me was cheering for him against Roddick AO 2008. He overcame ARod in 5 sets and frankly made Andy look so plain.

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
He's given peak Nadal a run for his money in the USO 2013
Given the score in the thumbnail he was getting steamrolled after winning the first set in a tiebreak. Run for his money my ass
His biggest win was RG 2009 when he straight setted co-favourite Djokovic in the third round who just won Rome two weeks earlier

·
Registered
Diego Schwartzman, Novak Djokovic, Dominic Thiem, Stan Wawrinka
3,450 Posts
He was always very consistent. If he were choosing his career highlights, I'm sure he'd point to being the champion in Munich three times and Kitzbuhel twice, both "hometown" tournaments for him. Also, beating Djokovic at 2009 RG and 2019 Indian Wells. He also made the quarterfinals of Wimbledon and was a champion in Halle.

I remember he ended up having to play John Isner in the third round of the US Open three years in a row, and he won all three matches.

He wasn't flashy, but his game was always pleasant to watch. A career to be proud of for sure.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Kohli has dropped to 230 in the rankings now, so this was inevitable. Hope he can make it through qualifying at Wimbledon. Loved his game. I believe coaching is in his near future.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Guess it was coming but still a bittersweet decision, after a career most pros would dream of. Even if never quite reaching the pinnacle, the veteran German for me was almost always a pleasure to watch.

Wishing Kohli all the best in his post-playing days :hatoff:

·
Registered
499 Posts
I always felt like he was one of those guys who could conjure his best for big matches but didn't really regularly bring that same level to matches in which he was favored to win

1 - 20 of 41 Posts