Mens Tennis Forums banner

Would you like to hear Koenig & Goodall commentate in the big slam matches?

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys are the best in the business. Koenig is the "Fonz" of Masters Tennis while Goodall is the "Ritchie Cunningham" of the sport. If both left, we'd be heartbroken.

Most of the world does not get to hear the talent of these two as they do not commentate in the big games of the slams. Would you like to hear these two do Grand Slams as well as Masters 1000's?

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Think there's a thread for this.

I get more of a Ricky Gervais / Stephen Merchant vibe from them as a team, only without the bitchiness.

They can be OTT at times (I don't miss Koenig's Kenny Powers / East Bound and Down references, for instance), but I'd take them over most other commentators in tennis. The few exceptions include people like Cahill, Courier, Gilbert, and Davenport.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Can't beat the Petch for hyperbole.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
The other guy English that does the big matches is a grade A fud.

He described a Murray double-fault today as 'unusual."

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know this may sound strange, but what makes them so good is that they know when to talk and know when to let the pictures tell the story. Grand slam commentators should learn from that.

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts
I'd love to hear them commentating Grand Slams together.
In Spanish, the best ones are Luis Álvarez and Javier Frana, they make a great team for ESPN.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
I like Goodall but Koenig is the pits. Who likes hearing girlish screams after every above average shot. Robbie might have been OK at some point before he was castrated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts