Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Just can’t believe he’s actually dead. Just feel awful and can’t imagine the pain his family is going through. He was a true legend and will never be forgotten. His daughter at 13 is just devastating as well. Rest In Peace for both.

·
Premium Member
20,533 Posts
The news just seemed shocking and hard to fathom at first when it was just Kobe -- then when they said the daughter was in the accident too.... just heartbreaking. :cry: RIP and condolences to all the families affected.

·
Your visions will happen
46,707 Posts
Never been more sad in my life.

One of the greats of Black American History gone far too soon. And not from drugs like Prince or Michael Jackson, not from assassination like 2pac, BIG, Nipsey, MLK, Malcolm X, and countless others.

No, he is Roberto Clemente. Died in an accidental crash on the way to do great things.

I am so sad right now, I will never get over this

·
Registered
702 Posts
I don't ever remember having a worse 'heart-in-the-throat' feeling while looking down at my news feed than when this headline came across. "Tragic" is the only word.

I was at a playoff game in 2009 (one of his championship years) when I saw him play live for the first time. Western Conference Semifinals, Game 3. After that game, I conceded that he was not only one of the greatest players of all time, but probably second best behind Michael Jordan, and not very far behind even MJ, if at all. No matter where the ball was on the court, I could not take my eyes off of Kobe. It felt like what I was witnessing was some kind of new level of legendary that I didn't even know existed in the real world. I will never forget that day.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,404 Posts
Massive tragedy for an icon. Just goes to show how fragile human life is and not to take anything for granted.

Condolences to his family and close friends.

·
The special one
13,882 Posts
Awful news. Not much of a basketball fan myself but I think everyone's heard of this guy, just like everyone's heard of Ronaldo or Messi whether you're a football fan or not.

Condolences to his family.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
RIP. Was never the biggest fan, but you had to respect Kobe's dedication and work ethic. Very tragic news, particularly since his daughter was killed as well.

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
Absolutely tragic. Took me hours to process, despite that my interest in NBA cooled down a long time ago and even back in the day I wasn't much of a Lakers fan.
Terrible accidents happen every day, the brain knows it. But when it happens to such an iconic figure, it really puts everything in perspective. Nothing should be taken for granted. We must appreciate what we have, and especially cherish the people we have in our lives.
The circumstances make it so much more sickening... My deepest condolences to families and friends of the victims. And to all Kobe's fans here on MTF and across the globe. He was, is and will be an inspiration and role model for millions. His legacy will live on...

·
Registered
26,044 Posts
Devastating news yesterday. Being a Lakers fan for the last 25 years, he was probably my favourite athlete ever and I was still watching his post basketball appearances regularly, like the Barnes podcast few weeks ago. Was looking forward to watching his work for the rest of my life. Even worse that his daughter had to be in there. We could see her in several courtside interaction this season (Doncic, Trae Young) and her goal was to play in the WNBA, which could have been a game changer for the interest in the womens game.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
What a tragedy! Just yesterday I read Novak's interview about how Kobe helped him during his slump and now he's gone. Kobe ended his career just a few years back but he was already a hero for some of my primary school friends! (and I'm not a spring chicken anymore). Legend that left way too early.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts