Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know how much of MTF follows the NBA. But a legend, Kobe Bryant and one of his four daughters were among nine killed in a helicopter accident in California.

First reported by TMZ: Kobe Bryant Dead, Dies in Helicopter Crash

Sources later confirmed to ESPN and Adrian Wojnarowski

Source: Kobe among dead in helicopter crash

Now it's all over major US News networks. I will update here as soon as more is known.

Rest in peace to a basketball legend and one of the greatest figures in sports. 馃様

Registered
And the strange thing is Lebron passed him for 3rd place all time yesterday.
Im a Celtics fan here and on court he was ruthless. But since retiring and watcing him in interviews i kind of like him.
Was a tragedy. Atleast he wasnt with his wife and daughters.

Shocking

Registered
A real legend of the sport, not only basketball. My hero. Legend, RIP.

Registered
wow.... RIP, huge loss

Super Moderator
One of my childhood heroes. This news hurt me incredibly bad and I started to cry like a toddler. In absolute ruins.

But as they say, smile because it happened. I鈥檓 incredibly thankful to have watched him and I鈥檓 feeling blessed to have had the mercy to be a witness of his legacy and life on tv.

Rest in peace and I wish the whole family from the deepest bottom of my heart sincerely the very best. Thanks Kobe!

Registered
Hugely in shock since learning of the news. Sometimes it hits you how fragile life could be. Nothing is ever taken for granted. At least he lived a fruitful life and all the things he did for the sport and his legacy, those will stay forever.

Registered
now 9 dead from this horrible accident

his 13 year old (nickname gigi, ironic that my friend gigi called me with the news)

also has 3 other daughters age 17, 3 and a baby
and his devastated wife and mom to gigi

to me he was one of top 10 sports people in last 20 years.

God bless you Kobe and watch over the family

Registered
At first, I was in disbelief, now I still can't wrap my mind around it yet... Tragic news, you never know which day will be your last day on Earth. No guarantees you will be back in your bed once you get up from it in the morning. Really makes you think, he had it all, family, career, name, money...and all of a sudden it's to no avail...

Registered
Was never into NBA but Kobe/Michael Jordan and Lebron James are pretty much the only players I鈥檝e heard of. RIP, devastating way to go. Especially sad for the wife and the other kids who lost a husband/father and a daughter/sister

1 - 20 of 38 Posts