LOL @ people posting doubles threads only if the Bryans lose :lol:

Reactions: Truc

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I wanted Bhupathi/Knowles to win the doubles title ever since Nestor/Zimonjic were knocked out. The men's doubles title at the Australian Open, is the only one out of the 8 doubles grand slam titles, across men's and mixed doubles, to elude Bhupathi. He was the runner-up at Melbourne with Paes in 1999. Hopefully he can complete the set this year.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Aside from the obvious rejoicing, it's kind of nice to see Knowles win. In a superficial "that's cool, but I'll probably forget in a couple of minutes anyway"-kind of way.

Reactions: tripb19

·
Registered
4 Posts
Aside from the obvious rejoicing, it's kind of nice to see Knowles win. In a superficial "that's cool, but I'll probably forget in a couple of minutes anyway"-kind of way.
I bet Nestor is having regrets and second thoughts about splitting up with Knowles...lol fun times!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
LOL @ people posting doubles threads only if the Bryans lose :lol:
:lol: hate to say I only post on doubles to diss the bryans! good riddance; and good luck, bhupathi.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
In honour of Bilbo -

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

·
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
9,981 Posts
My best friend's wife grew up playing at the same tennis club as the Bryan brothers. She told me that, even as seven year olds, they were incredibly cocky and "acted like jackasses." (Surely their dad deserves some of the credit.) I'll root for them in Davis Cup, but that's about it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
What started off very promising has turned out as a horrific tennis tourney for the US. Roddick, Blake, The Williams and now the Bryans.

Lions, Tigers and Bears, OH MY!

·
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
9,981 Posts
You are mostly right--I wouldn't say Blake's overall performance was horrific. He won a five-setter and ended up losing to Federer in the QF.

What started off very promising has turned out as a horrific tennis tourney for the US. Roddick, Blake, The Williams and now the Bryans.

Lions, Tigers and Bears, OH MY!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts