Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So get this

He beats the guy 7-6 in third.

And the role model that he is tells the guy....

"Let me give you some advice for the future. You cannot play like this. Defend all the time. You must work on it. How to generate power, otherwise you are fucked up. Try to work, like, play winners.

Skatov: "Thank you."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
29,886 Posts
Haha, why did it take so long for Klizan to win? Is he struggling with health? He's always had such a range of outcomes with a pretty decent top level but also a pretty low floor. He beat Phil Bester in the 2006 junior French Open and it looked like he might do more in his pro career back then.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Klizan is an underachiever. His flashy style does not always guarantee a win.
He should work on his style and on his conversion rate.

Reactions: TBkeeper

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Skatov to Klizan: "Let me give you some advice, you can't play like this. Do stupid things all the time. You must work on this, not losing your mind when things don't go your way, otherwise you are fucked. Try to work like, make high percentage shots."

Klizan: "Jebem ti mater!"

·
MONSOON season.
82,302 Posts
WTF.

Klizan starting to transition from a pro career to a coaching career?

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
WTF.

Klizan starting to transition from a pro career to a coaching career?
Not yet, but he seems to be up to the task, if he's ever gonna take such a job.

·
Registered
22,243 Posts
Klizan is an underachiever. His flashy style does not always guarantee a win.
He should work on his style and on his conversion rate.
Wouldn't call him an underachiever, 6-1 in finals including two 500 titles (I need that epic Rotterdam run on DVD) is a great score for someone like Klizan

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
So the other guy was defending with no power and took Klizan to a close 6-7 in the 3rd ?
Klizan probably hates pushers & said that to make one less pusher in the world.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I only watched very little from it but every single point Skatov was defending. Not pushing but 'on backfoot' or however you say it. Couldnt turn defence to attack in any way.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I only watched very little from it but every single point Skatov was defending. Not pushing but 'on backfoot' or however you say it. Couldnt turn defence to attack in any way.
He's a clay courter from what I've seen from him. Decent one imo, but without having watched the match, I can imagine how hard it would be for him to deal with someone like Klizan, especially if Klizan is firing on his shots that day

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Wouldn't call him an underachiever, 6-1 in finals including two 500 titles (I need that epic Rotterdam run on DVD) is a great score for someone like Klizan
I know about his finals conversion rate, but I was referring to his Masters and slam results.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
offense makes highlight reels, defense wins championships.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
What a legend!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts