Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
26,102 Posts
Re: KIWI is the 2005 USO Champion --- we hope!!! ...pix & news & all that fun stuff!

Stepanek not impressive today and Clement embarrasses Ferrero, it looks good for Kiwi to make the 4th round. :yeah:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re: KIWI is the 2005 USO Champion --- we hope!!! ...pix & news & all that fun stuff!

Neely said:
They showed Kiwi's match from the first until the last point. He really played nothing special and way below averagely because the first one and a half sets have been very very rusty and from time to time not pretty to watch. He started cold with his serve, low percentage on first serve and mixed with a lot of double faults. He had always again troubles with his service games and had to save a really big shitload of break points (he saved almost all, himself he converted 100% ;) ). He looked not to be in his rhythm on the return games either. It became better in towards the end of the 2nd set and his returns were working better and it was a lot of easier for him and Vanek didn't so many opportunities to be active like earlier. In the third set I was pretty convinced then that he will never lose that match and it was easy from there on, still not the best performance, but this was clearly enough for Vanek today. I think he was nervous and felt he was not playing well. But he was very quiet and focused today and as he converted his third match point with a backhand crosscourt passing shot he cried out a short scream of of release: JAAAAAAAAAA
Thanks for the description Neely. He's going to have to pick it up but a win is better than no win at all :) His serve is going have to get better if he is going to get far in the tournament. I really think Thomas or someone needs to refine his serve. He can serve hard for 1st serve (125-130 mph) but only getting 40-55% in, isn't going to work. His second serve needs to get more of a kick to be more effective. If he can tweak his serve, I would see him winning a lot more matches.

·
Registered
382 Posts

Well I didn't see the match but I looked at his % of first serves..not too good.It has been like this since Indianapolis.Stepanek could be tricky.But REMEMBER he has a PLAN..lol.and maybe the plan is to stop being a mentalcase and focus on his game.lol

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts

JMG said:
Stepanek not impressive today and Clement embarrasses Ferrero, it looks good for Kiwi to make the 4th round. :yeah:
Nalbandian's 2nd match will determine whether we have to worry about him or if he is running impressive form. I think if this guy picks it up, he is very dangerous because he is pretty much an allround player with great returning skills like Kiwi.

·
Registered
382 Posts

Neely said:
Nalbandian's 2nd match will determine whether we have to worry about him or if he is running impressive form. I think if this guy picks it up, he is very dangerous because he is pretty much an allround player with great returning skills like Kiwi.
You know,in Indian Wells,Kiwi destroyed Nalbandian,I know,i was there and almost got thrown out but that is another story..lol.I think that if Nicolas keeps his cool and plays the same game with him as he did in march,he has a good chance to win.BUT,his serve was better then.Nalbandian ,when he has good days,well they are vERY good and when they are bad..they are very bad.David is a mentalcase so if he can manage to mess around with his mind,he has a chance.lets hope so.But he has to play Stepanek first.I DON'T understand why he is not playing doubles,like all german players are playing doubles..not him.But my problem is..when you see Roger play like he did today and win so easily,you wonder..who will stop him? who can?

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

kiwiteami said:
maybe the plan is to stop being a mentalcase and focus on his game
:spit: That would be a good start :haha:

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

kiwiteami said:
But my problem is..when you see Roger play like he did today and win so easily,you wonder..who will stop him? who can?
KIWI CAN!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts

lol, sure... Roger today didn't have these start-up problems like Kiwi :lol:
The commentator also concluded: "A very rusty start for Kiwi, he himself should know there is a whole lot of potential for improvement in the next rounds.... but not everybody can come out and play such a first round match like Federer in express tempo that lasted only 70 minutes" :lol: I thought: damn, man; you're right! *g*

He also told another story, concerning that Kiwi usually wants the ball back that won him the point. He said that Federer in Cincinnati put one of these balls into his pocket and kept it until the next point and Kiwi didn't get this one in time :lol: Naughty, naughty Roger, now we know why Kiwi didn't convert this important break point :p :crazy: :lol:

·
Registered
382 Posts

Neely said:
lol, sure... Roger today didn't have these start-up problems like Kiwi :lol:
The commentator also concluded: "A very rusty start for Kiwi, he himself should know there is a whole lot of potential for improvement in the next rounds.... but not everybody can come out and play such a first round match like Federer in express tempo that lasted only 70 minutes" :lol: I thought: damn, man; you're right! *g*

He also told another story, concerning that Kiwi usually wants the ball back that won him the point. He said that Federer in Cincinnati put one of these balls into his pocket and kept it until the next point and Kiwi didn't get this one in time :lol: Naughty, naughty Roger, now we know why Kiwi didn't convert this important break point :p :crazy: :lol:

Well,I didn't see it when Roger do that and trust me I would of scream after him:"give him the ball back!!".lol.I know how Nicolas wants the ball back and each time,you can hear me screaming after the ballkids:"he wants the ball back!" lol.You know,Nicolas played his best tennis against Roger but then Roger woke up and well,we know the rest! lol.It is going to take a LOT to beat Roger.Like I said the PLAN might be to stay calm,don,t go mental and stay focus.I want him to win.But he really needs to improve his serve..like NOW! In 2 days,we'll see if he can past the second row,cause that is what he needs to do first.

Thanks Neely for telling us what they are saying about him.

·
Registered
247 Posts

I'm not even thinking Roger now. Radek is going to be tough. He is pretty consistent. I don't know much of his game. He is one of those boring players like Hrbaty that you just don't care to watch unless they are playing one of your faves. And when your fave plays the boring player, you still don't watch them :p

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

There is a video in US Open official website featuring Kiwi :cool:

It on the right hand section when you go to the website and click on "Off Court Spotlight". I just found that out and haven't listened to it as I don't want to turn on my work computer's speaker :lol:

·
Registered
26,102 Posts

Sorry, but what has Nalbandian to do with Kiefer's draw? I mean he would be a QF opponent. :confused:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

JMG said:
Sorry, but what has Nalbandian to do with Kiefer's draw? I mean he would be a QF opponent. :confused:
exactly what I am thinking too :lol:

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts

JMG said:
mistake of course! :eek: I had a wrong formatted draw in my mind that had Nalbandian at the bottom of the same eigth like Kiwi

·
Registered
4,369 Posts

well done Kiwi :yippee:

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts

Screen captures from Kiwi yesterday:

Eurosport clip with Kiwi:

http://rapidshare.de/files/4605544/KieferClipR128USO2005.avi.html

Size: 32 MB

Click on the "free" bottom at the end of the page; you will then see a certain time ticking down and after this is down you fill find a download link at this place that you can save on your harddisk.

He's wearing his Hannover 96 jersey!!!! :lol:

Reactions: wtn_amanda

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

Dani, I love you. :kiss:

·
Registered
382 Posts

Can someone tell me that he's saying because I can,t see the video because of this stupid computer.Thank you.pLUS,so,does he say how come his new "friend" is there too? After one day in montreal,2 days in cincinnati,she is in NY.Next to Dorff or Ralf,what the crap is name is,you can see her sitting on the bench,that is her.

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts

kiwiteami said:
Can someone tell me that he's saying because I can,t see the video because of this stupid computer.Thank you.pLUS,so,does he say how come his new "friend" is there too? After one day in montreal,2 days in cincinnati,she is in NY.Next to Dorff or Ralf,what the crap is name is,you can see her sitting on the bench,that is her.
This interview is in German and they were mainly talking about football, about his Hannover 96 away jersey that he is wearing (the commentator/interviewer said: "sure, it's an away game here so the away jersey is appropriate"), about Arthur Ashe kid's day. Things like that, it was more like a relaxed off-topic chat that Eurosport did with him and they showed a few of these during changeovers.

Anyway, I didn't want to show you because of the audio content, it was more the visual one...!!! ;) :) :p :angel:

·
Registered
22 Posts

Neely said:
Eurosport clip with Kiwi:

(German page) http://www.qfile.de/dl/233854/KieferClipR128USO2005.avi.html
(alternative English page) http://srv10.qfile.de/operator.php?sysm=file_transfer&sysf=center&file_id=233854&file_name=KieferClipR128USO2005.avi.html&new_lang=2&PHPSESSID=cc91b2d9855784d6632746f8e4b0b8ff

Size: 32 MB

Click on the "kostenlos" or "free" bottom at the end of the page; you will then find the download link on next page.
Am I missing something, or did they stop the free download service? Just my luck! :confused:

41 - 60 of 203 Posts