Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Re: KIWI is the 2005 USO Champion --- we hope!!! ...pix & news & all that fun stuff!

simpleternity said:
I was supposed to go up on Sunday and Monday, but there's no way I'll be up for it :lol: So hopefully he'll still be around in week two and I'll get up there then if I'm feeling better :yeah:

And don't fret she took more, she's just cropping them before sending them to me :p

KIWI WINS!

Well,i can't wait to see them.I see he still have his same team.And Dorff,I guess is Ralk.I'm confused because when he introduced us,he said his name was Dorff amd I heard him calling him Dorff so I don't know what the deal is but I will find out..lol.

Hope you'll feel better Mary..put yourself on msn,we haven't talked in a while..lol..

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Re: KIWI is the 2005 USO Champion --- we hope!!! ...pix & news & all that fun stuff!

I would like either he or Juan meet Federer in R4. :aplot: Even I like Juan more,but I think Kiwi could beat him in 3 sets. :)

·
Registered
247 Posts

simpleternity said:
my friend Jess (savestheday91) went up to USO on tuesday and saw kiwi practicing... when she sends me her pictures i will post them over here for you guys... attached is one :)

Thanks for the picture. I see that he is jumping rope. Very good.

·
Registered
25,689 Posts

:lol: so many guys enjoy rope-jumping, kiwi too :lol:

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Ok guys!!!!! Jess (savestheday91) got her pix of Kiwi on Tuesday and sent them my way!!!!!!!!!!

:inlove:

Attachments

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

plus 2 more :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts

GREAT! :kiss: what a nice foretaste of the US Open! :) :angel:

I hope the rope skipping helped ;) and I'm wondering if he is going to wear the same outfit also for the matches!

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Neely said:
GREAT! :kiss: what a nice foretaste of the US Open! :) :angel:

I hope the rope skipping helped ;) and I'm wondering if he is going to wear the same outfit also for the matches!
:lol: she said he kept tripping over the jump-rope and like dropping one of the handles :lol: i don't know if he's just not a good jump-roper or if he was just having a bad day or what... but she said every time he like tripped over it or something he'd start laughing so it seems he's still in the good mood he's been in lately :)

·
Registered
247 Posts

Thanks for the pictures :worship: It's looks like Dorf, whatever his name is, is still traveling with him.

Still in a good mood? Yikes, that's almost 2 weeks now ;) What happen to our tempermental kiwi?

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

I don't know,,, but if this new happy Kiwi is how he has to be to win USO for us this year, let him stay ;)

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts

!!!! Kiwi is the third match after 11am on Court #11!
-------------

anybody knows if there are pictures from court #11?
if yes, then I'm quite sure I will get to see it tomorrow live on TV

·
Registered
26,102 Posts

YES! They are showing court 11 right now (Gasquet)! :D

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts

JMG said:
YES! They are showing court 11 right now (Gasquet)! :D
LOL! Thanks! :yeah: I didn't notice they are currently showing court 11 :lol: Good that we have you :)

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

:lol: If I am lucky they will show me his score... :p Maybe even him serving for the match if we are REALLY REALLY lucky :rolleyes: I shall not complain :tape:

AUF GEHTS KIWI !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25,689 Posts

:lol:

C'mon, kiwi :tennis:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts

the match before Kiwi's (Guga v Goldstein) is in the fourth set now, so hopefully it won't be long now. Auf geht's Kiwi!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25,689 Posts

Kiwi won over 6-2 6-4 6-3 :yeah:

guy, keep up fighting still :lol:

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

ONLY SIX MATCHES TO GO! :p

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts

They showed Kiwi's match from the first until the last point. He really played nothing special and way below averagely because the first one and a half sets have been very very rusty and from time to time not pretty to watch. He started cold with his serve, low percentage on first serve and mixed with a lot of double faults. He had always again troubles with his service games and had to save a really big shitload of break points (he saved almost all, himself he converted 100% ;) ). He looked not to be in his rhythm on the return games either. It became better in towards the end of the 2nd set and his returns were working better and it was a lot of easier for him and Vanek didn't so many opportunities to be active like earlier. In the third set I was pretty convinced then that he will never lose that match and it was easy from there on, still not the best performance, but this was clearly enough for Vanek today. I think he was nervous and felt he was not playing well. But he was very quiet and focused today and as he converted his third match point with a backhand crosscourt passing shot he cried out a short scream of of release: JAAAAAAAAAA

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

two pix i found from today's match...

Attachments

21 - 40 of 203 Posts