Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the main draw :rolleyes: Could his quarter get any harder??

(1) FEDERER, Roger SUI vs (WC) BLAKE, James USA
KIEFER, Nicolas GER vs Q
VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA vs ROCHUS, Olivier BEL
SANTORO, Fabrice FRA vs (14) LJUBICIC, Ivan CRO

(9) CORIA, Guillermo ARG vs SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn THA
Q vs ROCHUS, Christophe BEL
EL AYNAOUI, Younes vs ACASUSO, Jose ARG
ROBREDO, Tommy ESP vs (8) GAUDIO, Gaston ARG

(4) SAFIN, Marat RUS vs Q
(WC) MURRAY, Andy GBR vs DENT, Taylor USA
MIRNYI, Max BLR vs SODERLING, Robin SWE
HRBATY, Dominik SVK vs (13) JOHANSSON, Thomas SWE

(10) PUERTA, Mariano ARG vs (WC) GINEPRI, Robby USA
Q vs FERRER, David ESP
Q vs SPADEA, Vincent USA
MOYA, Carlos ESP vs (7) AGASSI, Andre USA

(6) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS vs GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA
(SE) MATHIEU, Paul-Henri vs HAAS, Tommy GER
GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI vs Q
PAVEL, Andrei ROM vs (11) NALBANDIAN, David ARG

(16) GASQUET, Richard FRA vs LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP
ANCIC, Mario CRO vs MELLO, Ricardo BRA
Q vs RUSEDSKI, Greg GBR
ANDREEV, Igor RUS vs (3) HEWITT, Lleyton AUS

(5) RODDICK, Andy (USA) vs MELZER, Jurgen AUT
Q vs FERRERO, Juan Carlos ESP
MARTIN, Alberto ESP vs CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG
MASSU, Nicolas CHI vs (12) HENMAN, Tim GBR

(15) STEPANEK, Radek CZE vs (WC) MONFILS, Gael FRA
NOVAK, Jiri CZE vs BECK, Karol SVK
YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS vs SAULNIER, Cyril FRA
BERDYCH, Tomas CZE vs (2) NADAL, Rafael ESP

:bigclap: Auf Gehts Kiwi :bigclap:

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Screw this draw... I felt it that a very good player was near him early again :eek:
draw also sucks because of Melzer vs Roddick so early... :smash:
Carlos also :(

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neely said:
Screw this draw... I felt it that a very good player was near him early again :eek:
draw also sucks because of Melzer vs Roddick so early... :smash:
Carlos also :(
The entire draw sucks... Gaudio vs Robredo in round one? Thanks guys. That's the Rafa vs Carlos of Cincy :rolleyes: The only person who's draw I like is Rafa's, but his draw doesnt really matter cuz he'll beat anyone anyways :lol:

Hopefully Kiwi will have some fire that he had in Wimbledon and pull this one out :yeah: He showed us what he can do... Now he needs to just do it.

( And I believe Los will win too :yeah: )

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Maybe there is some better chance this time to beat Federer because Federer doesn't have a real tournament rhythm yet should he play against Kiwi in the 2nd round because he's coming off this long break... we can only guess and dream ;)

simpleternity said:
Gaudio vs Robredo in round one? Thanks guys. That's the Rafa vs Carlos of Cincy :rolleyes: The only person who's draw I like is Rafa's, but his draw doesnt really matter cuz he'll beat anyone anyways :lol:
Robredo better not blows this time in Cincy. He may never lose a tiebreak at love and giving the match away how he did this week.
True about Rafa :rolls:

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neely said:
Maybe there is some better chance this time to beat Federer because Federer doesn't have a real tournament rhythm yet should he play against Kiwi in the 2nd round because he's coming off this long break... we can only guess and dream ;)

Robredo better not blows this time in Cincy. He may never lose a tiebreak at love and giving the match away how he did this week.
True about Rafa :rolls:

I think you're right. Roger hasn't played since Wimbledon so he won't be quite as fresh.... Even if it is a dream, let us dream it ;)

I'm so torn. Luckily the Robredo/Gaudio match won't be on TV so I won't really have to choose :lol: He did good the match I saw him :p :lol: I have to tell you a story about Rafa from Montreal the next time I see you on MSN... :lol: That boy is too much.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I hope Kiwi's tournament will last longer than R2 :(

Reactions: knight_ley

·
Registered
11,308 Posts
Good luck Kiwi! He should be able to reach the second round and I hope that he gives Roger a good fight.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm here in Cinci and have my laptop to post any news. It's not the best draw for Nicolas. But Roger hasn't played much so there could be that chance of an upset. Also, Nicolas was right there at Wimbledon with him. I'll be cheering for him will help :)

Karine, not sure if you are online this week, but thanks for the offer to pick me up at the airport. I rented a car this week. It's weird driving it since I'm used to driving my big SUV and I have a little itty bitty car. I'm sure I'll see you this week.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I,m here too Karen.You know where my hotel is so come..lol.If I,m not in the lobby I,m in my room..409..lol.I saw Nicolas passed very fast with the fitness guru!!! He didn t see me.Everyone is here.The draw is bad.Anyway I hope to hear from you.I had a TERRIBLE flight.I was with Gasquet and puerta and we all thought that we were going to die! I don,t have a labtop so come and see me..bye.

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Aww you were on a flight with Puerta? That is awesome, even if the flight wasn't so great :lol: Luckily you all made it there safely :)

·
Registered
382 Posts
yes Mary i was on the same flight as them.Damn,Tommy Haas just passed in front of me..so far I didn t see Kiwi pass by.i need to see him.I went to get sushi at Big bEN AND LIKE 10 TENNIS PLAYERS WERE THERE..INCLUDING mOYA! LOL i HAVE TO GO CAUSE mONFILS IS WAITNG for the computer..talk to you soon peope..lol

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
How great to have the same hotel as the players :cool:

Thanks for the on site reports :wavey:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi,well I had lots of fun with Karen lasty night.and 2 other friends.We went to a resto and Gaudio was there.We are about to leave to go see Nicolas practice cause like usual it will be early.I didn t get much sleep..lol

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi there,I,m with Karen at the tennis tournament.we just saw Nicolas practiced for more than an hour.Yes the girl was there..a new girlfriend or not,we aare not sure cause she is not acting like one! I talked to him in french,he was making fun of me acuse I almost died in a plane yesterday! lol.He said that he will never be in a flight with me..I<m bad luck! lol.Anyway it was a good practice.he said that there is nothjing to do here and what I did yesterday and will do today,I told him that I didn t know.he was happy,laughing and smiling.Look i don't about the girl if she is the new giorlfriend or not but you know,he didn't look at her and he was flirting with me...ask Karen.We are hopeful to see him tonight.it is like all the crap and mental case that her was in montreal never happenned.I have no shame just ask Karen she will tell you.talk to you soon..here is Karen

Yes, Karine is correct. She has no shame. Nicolas is quite friendly with her. I was basically doing my own thing. I was watching the practice and he was playing a practice set with Beck. I think he won the set. Not sure. He was serving and volleying on most points. I don't know if he was trying to improve his performance over Agassi last thursday when his 1st serve percentage was poor and the drop shot volley last only half a set. Sorry for the techno talk, Karine is the gossip reporter :D He did smile at us and I said good practice. Afterwards he was checking the status of the qualifying to see who he might play next. Other than that, nothing much else to report. He still is doing the John Travolta Saturday Night Fever look with 5 chains around his neck. Obviously, the new "friend" isn't steering him in the right fashion sense. Also, she was watching Moya practice more than Nicolas. So Karine is confused, I'm not sure what the deal is. Maybe she is a paid companion? Just kidding, Nicolas if you are reading this.

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
kiwiteami said:
Hi,well I had lots of fun with Karen lasty night.and 2 other friends.We went to a resto and Gaudio was there.We are about to leave to go see Nicolas practice cause like usual it will be early.I didn t get much sleep..lol
Jeez! you got Puerta, Moya and now Gaston in like 24 hours... you're just tearing thru all my fave players now :lol:

Glad you guys are having fun! Keep the reports coming!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Nothing much happened the rest of the day. We saw Safin practicing today. He looked like he just came from Jamica. His hair was long and nasty with this junk facial hair growing on his face.

Were watching the Montreal Final and plan on going out to eat soon-probably the closest resturant Applebee's since we are tired and have a long day tomorrow since he is playing last tomorrow.

·
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.
10,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Marat's actually there :eek: I didn't think he'd show... :bigclap: Why couldn't all these boys have been in Montreal? :banghead:

Make sure you guys take pictures of Kiwi for us :p :angel:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts