Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No idea, how Kiefer managed to save those 2 bps in the first set, but he had no chances to convert any of his own bps (3). Got a bit lucky in the first set thanks to Karlovic double faulting in the TB.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
No idea, how Kiefer managed to save those 2 bps in the first set, but he had no chances to convert any of his own bps (3). Got a bit lucky in the first set thanks to Karlovic double faulting in the TB.

devastating:sad:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Ivo, please retire:)

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,508 Posts
Can't say I'm too sorry - I don't want to see Karlovic with any shot of the TMC.

Maybe next year if he can do something at slams other than lose in the first 2 rounds, that might be more appropriate.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
grrrrreat! :) couldn't watch it but kiwi seems to be on the right track at the moment. and of course also grrrrrrrreat that karlovic is out. hate that guy and his game. :)

·
Ace Loveforty
83,415 Posts
yup, expected win

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
Ivo was too passive when he had chances in the first set. I don't think he chipped and charged once in the set and he had good chances to on the break points. He was banking on Kiefer making an unforced error which wasn't the wisest strategy I've ever seen. The again he seemed to get burned every time he tried it later on in the match.

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
Kiwi rocks! :rocker2:
It's sad he and Fena have to play against.I'll cheer for Fena!

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Surprising that Ivo lost these tie-breaks with such an experience ;) A question to those who seen the match : does Kiwi return to his good form or not?

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Good win for Kiwi and a waste dopportunity for Karlovic.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Ivo must have remembered that this guy owns the only bagel over him on ATP level. :devil:

I don't think anyone's going to repeat the feat, though. Breaking him once is a feat already, let alone 3 times in a set :eek:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ivo must have remembered that this guy owns the only bagel over him on ATP level. :devil:

I don't think anyone's going to repeat the feat, though. Breaking him once is a feat already, let alone 3 times in a set :eek:
Quite amazing that was. Miracles happen after all...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts