Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YES !

Absolutely nothing against Thiem but my money were on Kohli big time :yeah: He should win the title

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
Double Fault on Set Point. :facepalm: Had a real chance to take it to a 3rd.

·
Stefan 2034
929 Posts
Total collapse on the last three points from Thiem. Kohli should consider himself very lucky. :lol:

DF at SP, missed easy putaway FH at 6-6 and missed easy rally FH on MP. Time for a much-needed rest and recharge.

·
Registered
10,668 Posts
Like Kohli would have been without a chance in the third.

Good win Kohl, picked you as the favourite beforehand.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The legendary run of Saint Dominic comes to an expected end :hug: He'll probably still be feeling the fatigue at Montreal, plus with the lack of practice on the Hardcourt it would be no surprise if it were an opening round exit there :)

The Tour of Domination 2015 :worship:

Well done Domi :cheerleader:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Expected result, Kohli made that 2nd set a lot tougher. Almost Chokeschreiber appeared, but Theim with DF on SP helped him a lot:D
I mean Kohli had if i remember in 3 different games BP´s vs 0 for Thiem in that 2nd set - he would still win this match in 3rd set but 2nd set was clearly Kohli´s to take. Thiem was great - 3rd week playing in row and made SF - really great result - guy was unlucky that this 3rd tournament was in AUT - otherwise he wouldn´t play it in 1st place - 2 weeks in row - mentally and physically he must be exhausted + wasting time in 250 on clay when HC Masters1000 in NA are coming. Really unlucky for Thiem that won 2 events before this one - i mean if he came fresh to Kitzbuhel winning it o.k can fly to NA and be confident, but not after 3rd week of tennis in row.

Kohli should win this title, but you never know with him

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Yes, what's wrong with that?
Nothing. I think it's been a very great month for him, but I wasn't sure if I remembered correctly and didn't care enough to double-check so I asked here since there are people who follow his career closely.

Reactions: NSMv1924

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Oh snap!

Go Kohli, it's your tourney!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Overall an absolutely fantastic run by Thiem in these Euro clay events after Wimbledon. Would've been even more awesome if he'd won Kitzhubel but he still managed to reach the Semi's. 18 in the live rankings now and really looking in good form. Let's hope he can bring that form into the hard court season.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Forget to check Domi's FB yesterday but he posted this after the Montanes match :p Adorably funny :lol::yeah:
7/6 3/2 against Albert Montanes. It was a strange match, during the first set I wasn't able to keep my break, but happily I played pretty well in the tiebreak. The match was over after I breaked Albert, because he injured himself and had to retire. I feel very sorry for him and the spectators, the atmosphere on court was unbelievable good, thanks to the crowd! Tomorrow against Kohlschreiber it's going to be tough for me. I think I need to talk to my brother Moritz, because he is hitting with him for the warmup and tell him to do not as good as he did today when they were warming up for Kohlis match. Good night from Kitzbühel!
#bamos ‪#‎GetwellsoonAlbert‬ ‪#‎pleaseMoritzdontdosuchagoodjobasyoudidtoday

https://www.facebook.com/1.Dominic.Thiem/posts/1114585755223094

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,681 Posts
Forget to check Domi's FB yesterday but he posted this after the Montanes match :p Adorably funny :lol::yeah:
Still so childlike. Great endearing personality.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
domi was just way to tired to beat kohli here, playing as well as he is. he needs some rest badly. its been a great couple of weeks for him though, nothing to be ashamed of. hopefully now he pulls out of montreal

·
Registered
19,632 Posts
Dominator failed to dominate Kohlschreiber :haha:

Guess it would pay out not so great at the start of the NA HC season, he neeeds rest badly.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts