Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

That Backhand DTL return at 4-4 30-15 to set up BP. :bowdown:

Saved so many BP's :yeah:, but missed so many BP's in first 2 sets. :help:

Came back from 1-4 in final set and won 5 straight games. Handled the pressure very well after coming back from a slow start :bowdown:

Tough test next. :devil:

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
He is lucky that he gets Montanes tomorrow but in SF Fognini or Kohli really should beat him. He looked very tired.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
As much as I'm a Thiem fan I kind of wanted him to lose this. Would've given him more time to prepare for Montreal, Cincy and the US Open but what can I say. He can back very impressively in the final set and hopefully he can now win the title :yeah:

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
Looked like AHM was physically done at the end which is kinda funny since it's Thiem who played 10 matches in the last 2 and 1/2 weeks :lol:

Definitely a lucky win...

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
He's been ridiculous in these three weeks :lol: :worship:

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
As much as I'm a Thiem fan I kind of wanted him to lose this. Would've given him more time to prepare for Montreal, Cincy and the US Open but what can I say. He can back very impressively in the final set and hopefully he can now win the title :yeah:
He will withdraw from Rogers Cup %99. I can't think opposite after 12-13 matches in three weeks in a row. Also there is a very long journey to Canada from Austria.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
He will withdraw from Rogers Cup %99. I can't think opposite after 12-13 matches in three weeks in a row. Also there is a very long journey to Canada from Austria.
Yeah, last year he played Hamburg, Gstaad and Kitzbhuel and didn't do that well apart from reaching the final in Kitzhubel and seemed very tired when playing in Toronto and Cincy. He ended up losing in the first round of both ( losing to Ginepri in Cincy :facepalm:)

So this year considering how well he's done in this Umag, Gstaad, Kitzhubel stint it'll be even tougher for him to recuperate. Would be ridiculous if he played Montreal. Hopefully he can get a WC into Winston Salem for more match time on hard before the USO. Still winning titles in a row would be a huge achievement. Confident he can do it but he did seem rather tired.

·
Premium Member
62,012 Posts
Nice to get the win :) I'm not thinking about Montreal now, would like him to get a good result at home. Looks tired, though, I agree it will be difficult for him here.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I hope he keeps winning because I got tickets for the final. Gonna be tough to get through the semis and fatigue might take it's toll but fingers crossed he somehow makes it.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I hope he keeps winning because I got tickets for the final. Gonna be tough to get through the semis and fatigue might take it's toll but fingers crossed he somehow makes it.
Enjoy your Montanes-Mathieu final ;)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Thought Dom might have let AHM win and save himself for Montreal, but good on him for grinding out the win :cool: It would be a great feat if he does go on to win Kitz!
Domi won't be getting a Christmas card from Andreas this year :p

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
yeah, im of 2 minds. im happy he won but i almost would have preferred a loss because he needs a break. he's incredibly stupid if he still plans on playing montreal. take it off and play cinci

·
24,289 Posts
Well with this win I am pretty sure he would skip Montreal...seriously though, not sure what happened (just watched glimpses), but he really was struggling on serve and was almost at the brink with *4-4 30-30 on the 2nd Set! :eek: Incredible mental strength to get out of that funk and able to close it in 3 and by reading here actually coming from behind! I thought he would go Wawrinka in this and do badly on the pressure playing at one of your home tournaments but nice to see his fighting spirit get through. 4 days straight of matches is going to be hard but I feel that if he wins here this would be big, and I mean BIG -- when was the last time someone won 3 titles in a row?

P.S. I don't get the nickname. :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts