Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Schwartzman played very smart (that dropshots :worship: ) and Zverev was just ballbashing today. He got so frustrated that he didn't even try it in Set 2. He is tired for sure :hug:

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
Expected winner.
I've been hoping for Schwartzman to break through in a tournament like that for a long time. This is his chance. He's got Granollers in the next round. An upset in on the cards :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Zverev is still extremely inexperienced at this level. He needs to work on a few aspects of his game (court positioning especially) and improve his consistency.

But, that said, Schwartzman played very well.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
expected

zverev still without any win besides germany, even on chall

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
Hopefully Schwartzman will get some respect on here now. Exposed Zverev's movement excellently.

Disappointed with the scoreline but of course, it's ridiculous to expect him to start making deep runs on a regular basis.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Isnt it fascinating how much a country makes a difference, you see so often how players play incredible level at home but anywhere else its back to normal level.

·
Registered
57,600 Posts
Players with court craft can kill Zverev, it seems like. Those he beat or played close are all very non-tactical players, and the losses to Ferrer, Montanes, and Schwartzman are all players who think about how they're going to play. That's not a good sign, the higher up you go the harder it is to find a Rosol or Kamke who will just bash everything. He needs to mix it up more and have less of a glaring weakness than his court positioning at his size.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
I liked Schwartzman when I saw him against Fed at RG, has a nice backhand.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Schwartzman played a smart and decent match, but Zverev's attitude was just awful for someone who received a wild card for this event. I hope we won't see him around for a while.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
I am still not convinced about Zverevs attitude at all although his good run lately. He is Top 20 material, yes. But his attitude is worrying me a lot.

Schwartzman is not bad, yes, but Schwartzman has not a big game at all, serve is a joke, groundstrokes decent but nothing special.

Result is very bad but i guess Zverev is deadly tired after playing a lot of matches.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts