Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange match, but Thiem is through again. Kohlschreiber next :devil: End of his run it seems.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Baby Wawrinka on Mission! :worship:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
What the hell happened?

The only reason which comes to my mind is really the fact, that Montanes couldn´t look at that hair anymore so he simply left :confused:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Isn't this like the third time somebody retired against Thiem in the last 3 tournaments:lol:.

Edit: Great win for Domi, SF again :).

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
This match and the one against AHM just prove how better and more mature Thiem is. He's tired and clearly not in-form. But still fighting and finding a way to win those matches he's supposed to win. A year ago and it would be an UE festival.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Strange with Montanes just retiring. There didn't really seem to be a sign of injury. Well another SF for Thiem :worship: He just keeps going.

Up to 17 in the live rankings now :eek: Should put him in the seeding for most Masters events :yippee:

·
23,933 Posts
Luckily Montanes beat Gerald Melzer in R1 :)
How come? :lol: Anyway, what exactly happened? Saw the livescore around 3-2 then when I saw the stream...Match Details like it's already over. Did have an MTO Montanes earlier so maybe he doesn't want to overexert it. How's Thiem in general as I only saw glimpses?

·
23,933 Posts
This win puts him #17 in the live rankings and #15 in the race. :D
Yassss...that means he has good chance for a Bye on Cinci right (as I think Thiem is going to withdraw from Montreal if this keeps going)?

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
How come? :lol: Anyway, what exactly happened? Saw the livescore around 3-2 then when I saw the stream...Match Details like it's already over. Did have an MTO Montanes earlier so maybe he doesn't want to overexert it. How's Thiem in general as I only saw glimpses?
Well G. Melzer is the only player that beat him in a 250 event on clay this year ;)

Montanes retired because of an ankle injury I think, he took a MTO in the 1. set.

Yassss...that means he has good chance for a Bye on Cinci right (as I think Thiem is going to withdraw from Montreal if this keeps going)?
Only top 8 get a bye there, no?

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Kohlschreiber is sure to crumble in front of Thiem's home crowd.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Monty looked clearly injured, hat an MTO in first set, you could often see the pain in his face, Kohli should win this one. Auf gehts!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts