Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
amazing streak for david continues. it all looked so good for dominic until 6-4, 1-1 in the 2nd set when he had 15-40. david saved that and then won 7 games in a row. dominic had a chance to break mid way through the 3rd but couldnt take it and then was broken at love for the match.

sad for dominic but also very happy for david to win his first ATP title.

david also now 3-0 against dominic

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Thiem didn't look good from the start. His footwork was very sloppy.

Jodie Foster played a consistent match today.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
So happy :sobbing:

Congrats David!! :bounce: :D :yeah:

Domi :hug:

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Congrats to Goffin, he was so solid :yeah: Happy for him.

Dominic :sad: :hug: He totally ran out of gas after the wasted BPs in the 2nd set. But he still fought in the 3rd set, nice to see.

Well, now he maybe can Vienna instead :hug:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
i am not so sure about playing toronto. he is the last direct acceptance there, so was lucky to get in. but he now has to fly over there quickly and play on hard court unprepared vs. simon...

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
Wow, this dude is just unbeatable!
90%+ of those wins have come against guys well outside the top 100. Let's not pretend he has won back to back Masters Series titles.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The streak lives on!

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Mega fail from Thiem today. Props to Goffin on his first ATP title

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am not so sure about playing toronto. he is the last direct acceptance there, so was lucky to get in. but he now has to fly over there quickly and play on hard court unprepared vs. simon...
yeah, i think withdrawing would be smart. he's already exhausted.

·
Registered
724 Posts

Bandwagon on the road again :worship:

·
23,063 Posts
Congrats to Goffin! Was a good contest early on, with both in good levels with Goffin's one-two combo working well (taking away time from Thiem) and Thiem's BH rolling on and FH being consistent. On the 2nd Set you think Thiem would take it, but the missed opportunity at 1-1* really affected him I think, and it seems that his fatiguing again makes that mix almost impossible for Thiem to recover. 3rd Set Goffin's leveled up, and Thiem lost the 1st service game. However, he fought back and held well but Goffin quite made him run so much. There was a chance to break at *4-3 I think though but wasn't able to capitalize (one point on that game were two good BHDTL from Goffin and a far off FH from Thiem). I was hoping he could hold here but I feel the pressure was just too much, and after he didn't win the first point Thiem spiralled. Good winner from Goffin though to get the MP. More chances of course for Thiem, and congrats to Goffin keeping his good streak! With that though Thiem lost every first Future/Challenger/Tour event final he played but I hope he plays more of them in the future (and I know he would).

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Congratulations to Goffin, he finally got it all together, both he and Thiem will have many more chances at winning titles in the future.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Wow I am impressed by Goffin. What will his next ranking be? Any chance to make the main draw of the USOpen

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts
Congrats to Goffin. Would have like to see Dom win this but the first title will have to wait. Not enough energy left today. Amazing Goffin had, after all the matches he's played the last few weeks.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Belgium geek beating Austrian geek :woohoo:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts