Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
LOL
MTF and trolls in ruins again馃憦馃憦馃憦馃憣
What a terrible performance against a nobody.

Registered
needless to say Ruusoovoori had the chance to tie the match for 5-5 in the second, but got broken and was also break up early in the decider

mental giant, c0ool as ice this finn

Registered
Definitely not a good result for Emil, but this is just the obvious I'm stating here. Haven't watched the match myself (yet, too busy with USO, work etc.), so can't really comment on what happened.

Is there anyone here who saw the match?
You @teamthiem with your impeccable analysing skills?
I know you can't wait to let it all out perfectly neutrally, like you always do, but would appreciate if someone could provide a bit more objective analysis on the match.

All I know is that Emil's preparation going into this match wasn't the best one. He actually picked up his adductor muscle injury already in his 1st round match against Bedene at USO and then went on to play against Ruud, although already told at that stage that maybe he shouldn't. Then had to retire.

The injury was not supposed to be that bad though, as it was more or less gone after some treatments and rest, according to Emil.

What I can say without having seen the match is that the scoreline suggests that Emil was pretty good in 1st, but then started to have problems in 2nd and 3rd, so that just might be injury related.

Whatever the reasons are, not a good result. Unless injured, he should clearly take a closer look on what exactly happened.

As far as I know Emil, he is not the one to choke away matches, quite the opposite instead. But, he can be far too careless at times and lose his concentration, also during those games and points that really matter.

Registered
Huesler seems to be in good form though. He already rather easily disposed of Balasz and Gunneswaran in the Qualies.

Registered
Didn't see the match but obviously a great win for Huesler. 2nd ATP win after the one against Almagro in Gstaad 2 years ago, though this was the first time he qualified for an ATP main tour tournament.

Now he gets a match against Fognini, and with the latter, you never know...

Registered
Didn't see the match but obviously a great win for Huesler. 2nd ATP win after the one against Almagro in Gstaad 2 years ago, though this was the first time he qualified for an ATP main tour tournament.

yes indeed, and Fabio is playing is first tournament since his operation at the ankle, so we don't know much about his form

Registered
Well, I saw the match, and its no indication of anything, except for that Russu is a punk kid.

Zero body language, sleepwalking, quick serves, doesn鈥榯 move, moonballs, sprays wide and long with huge margins.

Reactions: alwaysfan

Registered

It wasn't a great win, it was basically winning by default. Russu did not try to win, honestly.

Registered
Well, I saw the match, and its no indication of anything, except for that Russu is a punk kid.

Zero body language, sleepwalking, quick serves, doesn鈥榯 move, moonballs, sprays wide and long with huge margins.
It wasn't a great win, it was basically winning by default. Russu did not try to win, honestly.
Thanks, and there we go then. Can have smthng to do with injury, but can just as well not have, especially if you didn't see any indication of that in the match.

I'd say this match might then pretty well summarise exactly what I fear may happen to Emil, unless he really starts to take his tennis (career) a bit more seriously.

Registered
Ruusuvuori will be a new Nieminen at best.
Their personalities are not alike though, Emil resembling Henkka (Kontinen) a lot more than Jarkko.

That may be a benefit if he takes advantage of it, but might just as well turn out to be a disadvantage.
We'll have to see first.

Registered
Watched Huesler vs Balazs and he played great. Last year he looked a little out of shape, right now he's moving great. Plus he's a local guy, so I don't see such a big deal here.

Registered
I know you can't wait to let it all out perfectly neutrally, like you always do, but would appreciate if someone could provide a bit more objective analysis on the match.
You won't find anybody more objective than myself on this board. And can people please stopp brabbling about injuries. He's just trash.

Registered
Huesler seems to be in good form though. He already rather easily disposed of Balasz and Gunneswaran in the Qualies.
Although I didn't catch his match against Gunneswaran, Balass and Ruusu were both atrocious. Good results on paper, regardless.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts