21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:worship:

Muffin just cannot lose.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Kitzbuhel SF: Goffin wins 19th straight over Gonzalez 5-7 6-4 6-3

:worship: into the final where he will play Monaco or Thiem.

Goffin was broken 3 straight times to lose the 1st set and begin the 2nd set, he looked down and ready to call it quits only to find his form again and dominate despite Maximo's best efforts in the 2nd, and good fight despite the aura of inevitability in the 3rd.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
:hearts:

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Re: Kitzbuhel SF: Goffin wins 19th straight over Gonzalez 5-7 6-4 6-3

I love how he realized he was choking and then decided he should really break Gonzalez there.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Re: Kitzbuhel SF: Goffin wins 19th straight over Gonzalez 5-7 6-4 6-3

yay!

very happy for david to make his first ATP level final. should have been in 2 but im glad he pulled himself together in the end.

hope he has something left for monaco/thiem

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Oh, great one from Muffin.
Come on you Muffin, rock them all.

EDIT: Haha, I didn't even seem OP and didn't know that is his nickname but he looks me like some silly muffin.

·
23,064 Posts
Please have Thiem in the Final too so he could face the only player I think whom he lost to in Qualifying in the main tour this year. After losing a set, Goffin started to become unsure of himself I think but good that he recovered well. 1st ATP Final and if he just refocuses well the winner of Thiem and Monaco would have a handful it seems. Nice storylines in Kitzbuhel this year.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
he cant stop winning :hearts:

·
Unregistered User
9,588 Posts
Off-topic but if Thiem makes it to the final, either him or Goffin will win a title before Benneteau :lol:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Amazing result. Belgium had to wait 2.5 years to see another Belgian ATP finalist (O. Rochus in Auckland 2012). I'm afraid his chances in the final are slim, he can't have much left in the tank after four intense weeks, but this is a great performance anyway.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Awesome! I stopped following the live scores after 1st set as I figured Goffin was gassed. Would be cool to see him become a main tour regular as I like his game, and have an affinity for the smaller guys.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts