Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
Djere is steadily improving. I think he might be a better player on clay with time than Lajovic.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I had a good feeling about Djere's chances today. I thought that he might take it to 3 and possibly even win, but I didn't expect him to win so easily. Kudos to him. At this rate, he might even make the 2nd round at the U.S. Open. So far, he's never been past the 1st round at any Grand Slam.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I had a good feeling about Djere's chances today. I thought that he might take it to 3 and possibly even win, but I didn't expect him to win so easily. Kudos to him. At this rate, he might even make the 2nd round at the U.S. Open. So far, he's never been past the 1st round at any Grand Slam.
Would be great for him, as Laslo best surface is clay.
https://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tournaments/tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100026851
It seems that the transition from juniors did't go as well as he hoped.

p.s.
although he lost to RBA he played very well in Gstaad SF.
Crowd warmly greeted him when he was leaving the court.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
although he lost to RBA he played very well in Gstaad SF. Crowd warmly greeted him when he was leaving the court.
Did he play especially well today? Well, now that he's beaten Milli Vanilli, he's got a great shot against Daniel in the next round. :)

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Here are some details about the match. Incidentally, the bookies list him as a slight favorite (8/11) over Daniel (17/13).

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/On_the_ATP_results_with/58376/atp-kitzbuhel-berrettini-keeps-winning-klizan-djere-and-jarry-move-on/

Laslo Djere has entered Kitzbuhel after the semi-final run in Gstaad and he delivered another fine performance, toppling Hamburg champion Nikoloz Basilashvili 6-3 6-3 in 72 minutes for the place in the second round. Basilashvili was back on the court just two days after winning his maiden ATP title and he had nothing left in the tank, losing almost 50% of the points in his games and suffering four break from 10 chances he gave to the Serb. Laslo dominated with his first serve and he got broken only once at the start of the second set, with plenty of time to overcome that deficit and bring the match home in straight sets. From 3-2 down, Laslo rattled off four straight games for a 6-3 and they traded breaks at the start of the second set to stay even in the opening four games. Djere scored another break in game six to move 4-2 up and he completed the win with a hold in game nine to advance into the last 16.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts