·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NID, Klizan is unbeatable in finals.

·
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
499 Posts
Klizan could have such a better career if he found the motivation, he finds in the later stages of the tournament, in every match.

He was a game from losing his first qualifying round both in Umag and here (and actually lost it in Hamburg) and got himself another title here.

Quite a ranking boost to #77 now, so at least he doesn’t have to worry about qualifying in 250s anymore.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Dropshot king ?. Not easy playing in 46C.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
And so much hate about Dominic losing to Klizhan...
Oh please you write far more hateful posts about Nadal yourself even when he actually WINS tournaments much less when he loses to someone ranked way below him (and on clay no less).

I noticed the last 2 Thiem early losses on clay you were conspicuously absent from the match threads.

Back on topic, Martin is a very good clay courter when he's all in and concentrating and fully deserves the victory.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Martin :party:
His game is so powerful and when on, beautiful to watch.

Istomin was kind of poor tho' . I guess final on his weakest surface is nice result for him

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
We need more serious contenders on clay. Can Klizan be one of Rafa's rivals? Congrats to him on getting it back together at least

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Wow, title out of nowhere again. He's showing again how dangerous he is when he's playing his best. Just like Fognini, but Martin is even more inconsistent.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
As I said, it's not an embarrassing loss for Thiem losing to motivated Kilzan.
Of course it wasn't, and I don't remember any user calling this loss an embarrassing one either. Klizan was playing like a top 10 claycourter and Thiem was still well in control in sets 2 and 3. The fact he lost the third was annoying because he usually never loses matches on clay when he's the better player, but his level looked good and that's all that matters in the end. I'm optimistic he won't turn into that apathetic zombie for the remainder of the season this time

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Pojd!! Yeah. Claygoat.2

1 - 20 of 21 Posts