Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Second half of 2020 knocked the Djokovic Express off track but he is back on the rails and surging like a locomotive with a 2000 horsepower engine.

There is absolutely no doubt he will win 19 and 20 sooner than later and then 21 will coronote him as the all time king of kings. Hopefully he will beat Federer or Nadal to win 21 so they will have to publicly congratulate the mightiest tennis player of all time.

Very possible that Djokovic can win French Open and win no. 20 at Wimbledon. Very possible.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Key is Djokovic must go into Paris fresh and healthy and not overplayed. He has beaten Rafa on Chatrier before and he's had him on the ropes a couple of times. He can beat Rafa in Chatrier and Rafa and Uncle Toni know it.

·
Banned
443 Posts
Second half of 2020 knocked the Djokovic Express off track but he is back on the rails and surging like a locomotive with a 2000 horsepower engine.

There is absolutely no doubt he will win 19 and 20 sooner than later and then 21 will coronote him as the all time king of kings. Hopefully he will beat Federer or Nadal to win 21 so they will have to publicly congratulate the mightiest tennis player of all time.

Very possible that Djokovic can win French Open and win no. 20 at Wimbledon. Very possible.
Did you miss FO 2020 bud? Nadal humiliated him so badly Djokovic is inventing an injury to skip the FO lol.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Did you miss FO 2020 bud? Nadal humiliated him so badly Djokovic is inventing an injury to skip the FO lol.
Dull basically trained 6 months exclusively for that final, while King was working on his rankings record, going deep every tournament, and also suffered from Covid-19. And I still have feeling had he won the 3rd set we'd witness Dull-TseTse Fly scenario right on PC.

·
Registered
19,673 Posts
I don’t know, gloating over another person’s accomplishments, is that in any way fulfilling?
As long as it is justified, why not? People do it all the time, yet they are not as good in their own right as their adored sportspersons.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
As long as it is justified, why not? People do it all the time, yet they are not as good in their own right as their adored sportspersons.
I guess the “justified” part is the main question then.
I’m aware people do it all the time, constant mini-competitions that basically boil down to “my dad can beat up your dad” type arguments.
I understand why people latch on to this, I guess. I just personally feel it’s pointless at best and psychologically damaging (in extreme cases) at worst.

·
Banned
443 Posts
Dull basically trained 6 months exclusively for that final, while King was working on his rankings record, going deep every tournament, and also suffered from Covid-19. And I still have feeling had he won the 3rd set we'd witness Dull-TseTse Fly scenario right on PC.
Djokovic got smashed lol. Hoping for a repeat final in June. 21 incoming hehe

·
Registered
179 Posts
In my eyes Novak is already goat. (maybe together with Nadal at the moment)
I cant imagine how he could reach all his success while playing most of the time against hostile audience, under fire from BS media, with disadvantageous schedulling and hardest draws more often than not.
18-20 margin seems rather irrelevant in these circumstances.

·
Banned
443 Posts
In my eyes Novak is already goat. (maybe together with Nadal at the moment)
I cant imagine how he could reach all his success while playing most of the time against hostile audience, under fire from BS media, with disadvantageous schedulling and hardest draws more often than not.
18-20 margin seems rather irrelevant in these circumstances.
I would have Nadal higher simply as Nadal leads 20-18 but of course we do not know what forces Djokovic may have been up against as that USO DQ was very suspicious.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts